Sign in to follow this  
Kepes

WTRent Double Garage - Wellington

Hey team, 

Getting pretty serious with my turbo E30 build, as in I've almost collected all the main parts I'll need. (project thread will begin once I have all the parts!)

Trouble is I don't yet have a garage to do the work in. There's one in Levin I can use, but I'm looking for something closer to Wellington city. Even just a corner of a warehouse or something. Probably looking to begin work in about 1-2 months time. If anybody has or knows of something in Wellington please let me know ;)

Thanks,
Toby

What period of time, Toby?  Weeks/Months/Years?  I have a double garage in Johnsonville tenant uses one half but we may be able to change that

• Like 2

Hey Stephen,

I'm hoping it would be a maximum of ~3 months. Still not 100% sure but would like to have it all done for summer. That would be great, thank you! As far as I'm aware we're having a meet here in Wellington fairly soon (paint shop/demo meet?), it would be good to have a chat about it then :) 

Edited by Kepes

Just remember, as with any project, it is most likely to cost 2x as much as you think and take twice as long, so factor that in also ;)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, E30-323ti said:

Just remember, as with any project, it is most likely to cost 2x as much as you think and take twice as long, so factor that in also ;)

Yup, I've been pretty lucky with parts so far in terms of being patient and finding cheaper/used parts. I was hoping to spend around 5k not including suspension or diff. Looks like i'll be right around there using quality parts ^_^ 

Edit: How difficult is it, realistically, to erect a garage on your own/with a mate (DIY) ? I'm living at home and we've got the space but seeing as I'll probably leave within the next year, can't really justify paying a company to put together a kit. Just a thought

Edited by Kepes