Sign in to follow this  
eFORTY6

M3 E46 2002 Supercharged

Purchased a BMW M3 for my partner and supercharged her :wub: with E46 M3 VT2-575 Supercharger System (Gen.3) - ESS Tuning 

The top of the line, intercooled Gen.3 S54 VT2-575 supercharger system produces 575hp and 360lb-ft of torque at 10psi of boost. A 232hp gain over stock, eclipsing the output of a Nissan GTR! Featuring the highly efficent, extremely durable and self contained Vortech V3 supercharger unit in Si trim, the supercharger is capable of producing up to 775hp.

Added Blistein PSS10 Coilovers and a few other bits and bobs to her. She's a beauty!

bmeFORTY6.png

bmwe46.jpg

blisteincoiloverspss10.jpg

tuningtimem3e46.jpg

gettingtheree46m3.jpg

Edited by eFORTY6
  • Like 10

Cool project, any before and after dynos?

Thanks mate.  Not at the moment but in a weeks time after the new belt gets here then yeah should be all good to go :)  belt kept slipping so couldn't dyno it..... but applied some belt grip and felt some real nice GFORCE .... I've owned RX7's and GTRs but nothing quite like this Beast! LOL... :) 

Waiting for ESS tuning upgrade in trans / ECU upgrade so yeah ... we'll see how that affects anything ... hoping for faster changing in gears to match the power. Overall I'm happy or she's happy lol

Edited by eFORTY6
  • Like 1

The only thing wrong with this thread is that I could only hit the like button once. :D

Thats so cool. Awesome car Sam.

• Like 1

Oh man that must be a whole lot of fun. Will be interesting to see the dyno results :)

Very impressive there bro, this should've been at the M3 Dyno day ?...look forward to more updates on this beastly M3 ?

Big figures, do the engine bearings need replacing / upgrading before running the supercharger? A lot of those kits I've seen suggest changing them, and headgasket / stud replacement. 

• Like 1

Speaking with ESS themselves they said anything under 10psi shouldn't have to worry about.  Simply bolt on and use their specific tune or it would void the warranty  They have sold heaps worldwide with warrantys on the charger.  Seems to run fine and smooth.  The only thing is the tensioner belt was slipping when placed on the Dyno which we've requested a replacement belt from them with no qualms.  One other thing to note would be the breaks would probably need upgrading to perhaps Brembo or something really strong.  Factory breaks appear to be under a bit of stress I think.

Edited by eFORTY6
Typo

which type is it ??  spring loaded type ??

one of the kits i used to have had a mechanical loaded system.

which belt type ,

you can get non slip coatings on the pulleys etc,

hey I'm not 100% sure, but I'd be keen for someone to tell me and give me some recommendations because 3 belts and tensioners within a few weeks doesn't seem right?? Hmmmm... thanks very much for your help 

spoke to a very helpful "HYDE" and we're working through things step by step.. Very helpful.  Certing the suspension and charger at present.. Then doing the swap to a Mechanic Spring Tensioner as recommended M3AN.. so fingers crossed we can get this thing sorted..  I've had sooo many setbacks with  the mechanic that installed the bloody thing grrrrr....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eFORTY6 said:

I've had sooo many setbacks with  the mechanic that installed the bloody thing grrrrr....

Share your stories... no need to name names if you're uncomfortable with that.

Well I was looking at adding a little power to a M3 E46 2002 that belongs to my partner, and was informed by a mechanic in Penrose that he had done supercharging before for BMW's.  He recommended the most common was ESS Tuning in the states.  We agreed to bring in the kit http://esstuning.com/e46-m3-vt2-575-supercharger-system-gen-3/ and install it and tune it.  It was algood but ran into issues with belt slipping and car shutting off. Back and forth , back and forth.. I gave up on mechanic for going around in circles of months, then tried Ray@ HELLBM who then checked hardware side,  awesome guy and said all was sweet, and maybe go back to ESS for software revise from ESS.  Ess stated that NO, we just needed to leave it and let the car learn all adaptions again since it was reset.  So we did, reset all adaptions, and it kept shutting off for some reason at random times..  .. we didn't know what to do... weeks went by as the car sat in storage.... I went back to ESS again, and the same response.  ESS told me that the car needs to relearn the driving again hence why it's shutting off could be days, weeks.....  and I need to keep driving it in order for it to relearn again.... They assured me that they had done thousands of supercharged BMWs thoughout the world, so my partner kept driving it around and for a couple of weeks... It FINALLY came to, and ESS was right.  The car just came right and it hasn't shut off since... wow...  I never thought we would get over this issue.... THANKS ESS TUNING!.....  Thanks also to HELLBM Ray... BUT Bottom line is that you must choose a mechanic that specializes in supercharging cars because had I known that not many people specialize in Supercharging BMWs I may have not gone down this track... I've now spent in excess of 20k on the supercharging and the tuning alone... to this day I still don't believe the full potential has been unleashed from this supercharged beast..  I'm now in contact with HYDE and he's been really super helpful in assisting me to attain  cert for PSS10 Blistein Coilovers and Supercharger on the car, which the original mechanic said he would do, but had not!...   grrrrrrr.....  

20161024_181554(1).jpg

Edited by eFORTY6
spelling errors and mistakes
  • Like 2

Any update on this?

saw this for sale on TM, the new owner hasn't shown up here?