Sign in to follow this  
Contrails

WTB: Style 5 wheels 17inch.

G'day everyone,

I am looking for a set of Style 5 wheels in 17x8 with ET 20.  I am searching on behalf of forum member Barry from Wellington.

Regards,

• Like 1

Thanks Rohan!!

Maybe I should post up a picture of the TRX run flat blow out I had??

Regards

Barry

• Like 1

wholly sh*t Barry, was that recently?

11 hours ago, Barryn said:

Thanks Rohan!!

Maybe I should post up a picture of the TRX run flat blow out I had??

Regards

Barry

I've got a TRX tyre (on a wheel atm) you can have. I think Andy (_ethrty-Andy_) also might have some

On 14 September 2016 at 0:37 PM, Olaf said:

wholly sh*t Barry, was that recently?

It was Father's Day, was reading over the Rimutakas & the right rear blew out, so much for Michelin run flats!!

yes I would really like to grab the tyre off you, as will fit as a spare, so I still have a full set, let me know if I need to take it off the rim, can pick up & sort that

Thanks

Barry

1 hour ago, Barryn said:

It was Father's Day, was reading over the Rimutakas & the right rear blew out, so much for Michelin run flats!!

yes I would really like to grab the tyre off you, as will fit as a spare, so I still have a full set, let me know if I need to take it off the rim, can pick up & sort that

Thanks

Barry

I'm pretty sure they aren't run flats.

Ill ring you tomorrow morning about picking them up

10 hours ago, Barryn said:

the wrong kind of excitement, eh?  Glad you're here to complain about it, Barry. The 'Takas could be a challenging place for a blowout.

Indeed, it appears they're not runflats; the combo of rim and tyre was supposed to give better performance for the (comparatively) lower profile, and be less-likely to peel off the rim in failure.  There was (apparently) a TDX (different rim and bead profile) that gave some runflat capability.  

cheers

• Like 1

Well, thanks to Rohan & Jasjot from Bimmersport I will be getting a refurbished set of BBS RC090, the rims I have wanted since I saw them on Rohans M535i, Then I will remove & store the Existing rims & Michelin tyres

So I am looking forward to getting the rims on my car

One very happy camper

By the way here is a photo of the tyre

Regards

Barry

photo (4).JPG

You are correct, they where fitted maybe four years ago & the date stamp on them dates them at 2002, so yes they are 14 years old, but have travelled maybe 3000ks??

well there is your problem.

I have some minty TRXs here, i am using them as a stand for my emergency water tank, too dangerous driving on 15 year old tyres and i ethically will not sell sh*t tyres be they crap brand or dated. just a pet peeve i have i guess. keeping a car original is fine, but tyres are the one exception even on a classic.

On 17 September 2016 at 8:11 PM, kiwi535 said:

were they trx s....they prolly very old?

you can buy brand new, fresh TRXs.  They're for the well-heeled, though.

11 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

well there is your problem.

I have some minty TRXs here, i am using them as a stand for my emergency water tank, too dangerous driving on 15 year old tyres and i ethically will not sell sh*t tyres be they crap brand or dated. just a pet peeve i have i guess. keeping a car original is fine, but tyres are the one exception even on a classic.

I agree Andy, that's is why I have been searching for rims since I purchased the car in December, just wanted to get the right ones if you know what I mean, there are plenty of rims, but I am a fussy git!!

• Like 1

On 16 September 2016 at 8:44 AM, Barryn said:

Well, thanks to Rohan & Jasjot from Bimmersport I will be getting a refurbished set of BBS RC090, the rims I have wanted since I saw them on Rohans M535i, Then I will remove & store the Existing rims & Michelin tyres

So I am looking forward to getting the rims on my car

One very happy camper

By the way here is a photo of the tyre

Regards

Barry

photo (4).JPG

Awesome news! Pics?

The new rims are not quite finished yet, should be early next week, then have to get them from Auckland to Wellie

I will post photos as soon as I can

Really looking forward to seeing how good the car will look

Barry

• Like 2

Thanks to Rohan & Jasjot, I also put these photos in the wheel section

Finally I have the Style 5s I have been looking for on my M535i, Looks sensational

Thanks Guys

Barry

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

• Like 3

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:30 PM, Bennyboy said:

Looking good, Barry!

can I ask who carried out the resto on em?

I got them through this forum, Jasjot sourced & refurbed them, did a great job, would have preferred to also had the inside of the rims cleaned up, but I am jus a fussy git!!

• Like 1