Sign in to follow this  
Softlad

WTB small case LSD

Looking for a small case LSD for my 318 compact Race car, anyone got one tucked away in their shed

Please let me know

Shouldn't you be wanting the medium case and using the larger, stronger Motorsport axles off the 325. That's what I'm using

9 minutes ago, *Glenn* said:

Shouldn't you be wanting the medium case and using the larger, stronger Motorsport axles off the 325. That's what I'm using

Its a case of what is going to fit without major changes, it had been mentioned to me that the chassis has to be modified to make the medium case fit.

Also I 'm running a mildly modifies m44 engine and thought as the medium case LSD are like the holy grail to find so thought the small case that no one really wants would be easier to get hold of initially.

First issue is getting the ratio correct as was running a 316 gearbox and 444 diff and it was maxing out in 5th half way down the straight, left the line like a rocket though! 

The chassis mod is a minor job that takes about half an hour. Check my build thread. Check what the E30 guys are running as far as ratios go

Can do small case and medium case LSD centres.

On 9/15/2016 at 8:17 AM, FIAT 131R said:

Hey mate, out of interest how much are you letting the small case centers go for?

On 9/15/2016 at 8:17 AM, FIAT 131R said:

I'd be interested in a medium case LSD, could you let me have some more information

are they the proper helical/torsion LSD or the american snow diffs 

On 15 September 2016 at 7:17 AM, *Glenn* said:

are you sure you have 325i E30 axles? i have been advised they will not work they are wrong length, but haven't tried personally. 

in any case if the OP is using the stock E36 compact diff with a centre in it then the E30 axles won't bolt up either. if fitting medium case diff best to source from a Z3

Yes I'm very very sure. I have the larger 325MS axles with the medium case diff and output flanges which are shorter than the Ti flanges. You need to modify the height of the ABS sensors too as the outer CV joint is larger... It's all covered in my build threads

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 1