Sign in to follow this  
RedRocketTi

DIY Widebody???

So while my car has been off the road for a few weeks naughty thoughts have been creeping through my mind. I want to fit my AC Schnitzer rims, but thought instead of just stretching some skinny rubber on and rolling the guards out heaps I could do something slightly different. I see that Felony Form in the US have just released a wide body for the Ti and I am in love!!! Thing is the price on the kit along with shipping will make it far too expensive for me!

What I want to do is build a 1 off wide body kit for the Ti out of fibreglass. I have thought about starting using either polystyrene, sticking it to the side of the car and cutting/sanding into the shape I want and glassing over the top or using spray foam. What body experts are out there that have done this kind of thing and what is the best kind of method for going about this? I really like the E30 m3 box style flares but including the screws like the felony forms do. One thing that I want to do is be able to keep the same lines in the car and just further accentuate them out in the rear. 

It would be awesome to be able to hear some feedback on what works and what doesn't, cheers in advance guys!

When I did mine, I used Gorilla Space Invader and sprayed it over my mudguard, then I shaped it to how I wanted it, put gelcoat on and made it nice and smooth.  Then I made a mould of the whole mudguard, then made a complete new fibreglass mudguard.  On the back I just  sprayed  that foam on, shaped it, fibreglassed over it and underneath the mudguard,  to make it all in one.  Sanded it down, gelcoated and made it all smooth and part of the car.  If you want to know more, can text or pm me, 0272417328

.bmw_photos_006.jpg 

bmw_photos_005.jpg

bmw_photos_004.jpg

bmw_photos_003.jpg