Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Hybrid e46 330i. The modding starts

Still in the rice rocket? I've been given a Geep Cherokee, arrrrgh!

yeah, Its not that bad ... I forgotten whats it like to have power. after three weeks in this thing I have started collecting pxt's of other ones... they are quite novel after a while....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by hybrid

Guest Andrew

yeah, Its not that bad ... I forgotten whats it like to have power. after three weeks in this thing I have started collecting pxt's of other ones... they are quite novel after a while....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

all jokes aside - they have an amazing motor in them. Go pretty well and will drive at any speed in any gear - the revlimiter sounds f**king badass on them.

Looking good man, keep us posted, i love seeing progress :D

[update]

Popped in today with the SLR to see it after its been primed. They are using a new high gloss primer which works hand in hand with the paint to give a high show room polish along with a rich colour grade from the paint. (as much as silver does have colour ;) )

I also snapped some shots of the custom m3 metal bonnet .. but it was in the primer shop on first coat with a very matte finish .. the camera didn't pick up the curves very well. However I can tell you the m3 power buldge is perfect! :D a lot of time was spent on it getting every curve perfect.

The guards as you can see turned out perfect :D (very happy boy) I now have a firm date of when the car is coming home. Looking at tuesday next week .. its going into the paint shop on thursday afternoon / friday and will take a day to bake.

Very dirty wheel and new custom m3/sedan front guards

Posted Image

New pumped rear gaurds (note: no umbrella effect :D )

Posted Image

Front side profile

Posted Image

Guest Andrew

badass josh - we'll organise our meeting to a time when I can see your car also.

Looks mint!

Cant wait to see it too :thumb:

Badass... Like literally.

Can't wait for more pics. When I'm up in the N.I at the end of the year for Cricket... I'll try and come to a meet, hopefully you will bring it :mosh:

Keep up the good work though, Looks fabutastically awesome.

Can't wait for more pics. When I'm up in the N.I at the end of the year for Cricket... I'll try and come to a meet, hopefully you will bring it :mosh:

you better drop in and say y0.

I cant be bothered reading through all the posts but for all this money being spent, why not just buy a M3??? Excuse my ignorance if you have other plans but yea just kinda wierd....

I cant be bothered reading through all the posts but for all this money being spent, why not just buy a M3??? Excuse my ignorance if you have other plans but yea just kinda wierd....

good question ... Ill awnser that as best I can.

Yea basically I have other plans for the car that over extend me buying a standard m3.

I got the car for 45k imported and im not going to devuldge how much I have spent on it so far .. but people would call me nuts :) but once finished (modding) it falls well under what the sticker value of a second hand m3 with the same k's costs.

I got this car because I wanted 4 doors, I also am 'competiting' with some of the guys in the states for cleanest / most stylish / staunch looking e46 3 sedan. I've got a wee way to go .. but am getting there.

The car after this will have a stage 2 supercharger installed which is about 4k less than doing it to a m3. I wanted to keep this part secret till I actully do it ... but seeing as no one (well almost no one) in the states reads this forum .. Im going to be doing water / methenol injection .. supercharged to a 6 speed box. This is the grand plan power wise, that car will be capible of around 450rwhp which to get out of an m3 is very doable but highly expensive. At this point the main reason for going the m3 kit was A) primarily have a large airdam for the intercooler B) I love the looks and C) Im fabricating the car to fit coupe parts ... something thats very seldomly been done with BMW OEM parts anywhere! :)

Here is what it will look like (mine being titanium silver ofcorse and ill be running m3 side skirts not mtech aero sideskirts)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cool for sure ... will be good to catch up ...

Here is what it will look like (mine being titanium silver ofcorse and ill be running m3 side skirts not mtech aero sideskirts)

incl. CSL air dam - or standard m3 one?

Here is what it  will look like (mine being titanium silver ofcorse and ill be running m3 side skirts not mtech aero sideskirts)

incl. CSL air dam - or standard m3 one?
standard ... next phase I'm going for a carbon splitter which is more agressive than the CSL ones Edited by hybrid

I am so creaming my pants. Josh mate - even stock the 46 is damn nice, but you moulded it into a sex machine with the imported wheels and roooooled (s?) fenders.

Now you just made me double cream with cherries on top with antisipation.

hehe .... cheers for the comments guys! :)

[update]

Well unfortunitly painting was delayed a couple of days, but the car has gone in for painting today.. Its going to sit for a couple of days then its gets a full detaling and finishing job done to it ... after this the whole car is being coated in a Teflon finish from Dupont / Simoniz... http://www.simonizusa.com/demoend.asp

This will give the car a hardened protection from basic stone chips, bird sh*t, tree jizz .. etc etc and means I wont have to wax the thing for the next three years! :D Its also garanteed over this time so anytime it doesn't look show room .. Im told I just bring it back and they will re-do it at duponts cost .... So its looking like thursday / friday at this stage..

Edited by hybrid

how much did the teflon coat cost?

Not sure yet, its just all going under a budget I have set for them ... will let you know though later in the week.

my dad got that teflon on his car, i don't rate it, no where near a wax finish.