Sign in to follow this  
E36_Turbo

Adjustable Suspension Upgrades?

Hello there!

So, before i go and waste some money on a set of Adjustable Suspension, i thought it would be in my best interest to ask some of you guys, what is the best bang for your buck? The pros and cons?

What am i doing? Ok, so i'm "wanting" to install adjustable suspension on an E36 6cyl Coupe. I'm desiring a specific look to the car, will attach an image, it'll be quite low, "Not retarded STANCE LOW" , hahaha, that i do not mean to offend anyone that likes that stance look BTW. Sitting on BBS RC302's, and i want the option to adjust such settings, ride height etc.

I've seen a few on Trademe, but i'm not sure what is the right one for me? I am setting the car up as a daily driver, and possible odd track day...

BC Gold, D2, Bilstein, Koni, XYZ, Yellowspeed? There's a lot more, have any of you guys used such setups on a daily driver E36? Any negative / positive reviews about drivability / practicality? Worth the money? What brand is best?

hopefully these questions don't sound silly haha, but i need to ask before buying so i can make a better informed choice with the many options on the market. I've had Bilsteins, standard Sport suspension, just a lovely setup for E36 cars, so that i do know and have experienced that particular manufacturer's product.

Any advice and input is greatly appreciated,

Cheers Gents.

• Like 1

I got some D2's when they were on sale for my e36, no unusual sounds, fit perfectly no complaints. I couldn't justify paying a few hundred more for BC golds when there's little to no difference between the two (some might argue quality? but both BC and D2 are Taiwan made). I use mine as a daily and a odd weekend warrior so far have been more than impressed. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, yeah, i plan on putting something similar on the car, im not building a purpose built track car, and  spending a few extra dollars on a different brand with similar specs is something i'll have to decide on. Build quality is a question, but typical brands like Koni, Bilstein come at a price as well. Will do some more research 

Koni Yellows are affordable when not bought in NZ. With the UK pound tanking try Demon Tweeks.

5 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

Koni Yellows are affordable when not bought in NZ. With the UK pound tanking try Demon Tweeks.

Thanks for the input, i'll be checking that out, cheers mate.