Sign in to follow this  
bga

E30 Headlight/Fog/Electric Windows not working - help

Hi folks - anyone any good with electrics ?

1990 e30 318i.

Problem, the headlights/main beam and rear fogs don't work - the side lights work fine, ie when the light switch is pulled out one notch, pulling the switch out to its second notch does nothing and at this switch position the rear fogs should work also but they don't. The electric window switches are not illuminated and do not work UNLESS I open the passenger door which makes the interior light come on at which point the window switches illuminate and the windows then work. Closing the passenger door switches off the interior light and the window switches and they then don't work again.

Any pointers very gratefully received, looks like some feed has shot itself somewhere, all fuses look fine and I have had relay K3 and K4 checked and have changed them too (they did check ok at Jaycar)

Edited by bga

all fixed folks, if anyone has this rather unique issue in the future underneath the top part of the fuse box (ie where the fuses and relays sit) if you remove the screws and lift off theres a load of wires etc, there is a circuit board, a soldered track had burnt out, bridge with a bit of wire and hey presto all is well again

• Like 1