Sign in to follow this  
Cannabis9478

1989 E24 M6 on TeadeMe

Nice to see a frequently driven one, and why wouldn't you

• Like 2

Goes to show how sturdy the M88/3 engine is. Nigh on 300,000 Kms and still going strong. Apart from necessary timing chain replacements, these things are relatively reliable. This thing had some work with Gavin Bellars, so no doubt is still pumping out somewhere near its ex factory- 286 bhp. 

Edited by ssbmw

Just beautiful! Amazing condition - interior is impressive! Attaching pics for posterity so we don't lose them when the listing on TM goes :)

514032519.jpg

514032683.jpg

514032720.jpg

• Like 1

Stunning car, there is also a red E24 M6 less than a kilometre from my home, it is amazing what is in people's garages!!

certainly a beauty.  Not sure I'd part with $60k for it.  Looking good for 170k miles.

My old car - a vehicle I cherished for many years. My dream car since I was a teenager. I lusted after this example when I owned a 635csi high line. 2 years later it was mine. I am disappointed to see those speakers. There were aspects that weren't original when I owned it- it had a noisy after market exhaust, after market headset, Eibach sport springs ( that I installed) , and style 5's. All kind of tasteful mods. The only Polaris silver example out of the batch of 20 plus that arrived in NZ new. I have had the pleasure of driving over 10 M6's and this one actually performed better than most. If anyone is interested in this car- happy to assist. Owned it for 5 years plus and contacted every prior owner to me. Personally, I think the colour really suits this car. 

Edited by ssbmw

Funny how the silver one has the comment " surprised if you will find a better one"..........ummmm obviously hasn't seen the other one listed. To me that would be the pick of the 2. On another note there is a third for sale down here in dunners, alpineweiss left hooker.  Soon someone could have an m6 for every day of the week.

Noticed the two different electric seat. Black one has control on the seat and silver one has it by the handbrake.

Wonder if it's a manufacture year thingie,,,,

7 hours ago, Cannabis9478 said:

Noticed the two different electric seat. Black one has control on the seat and silver one has it by the handbrake.

Wonder if it's a manufacture year thingie,,,,

yes early cars and hi-line models where different , seats are different too.

The listing has finished now, but as per the pics above, does the black one have a super sweet leather center console?

Yes the highline that were UK only models had high quality leather dashboards, leather lined centre consoles, door skins and roof lining. The electric seats had their controls moved to the side of the seats-  more subtle than near the hand brake in the old ones. Also the bumpers were modernised with less chrome. The overall presentation was so much nicer and was designed to keep sales solid for the last 18 months of the E24's existence. 

• Like 2