Sign in to follow this  
philwalter

E39 M5 - Reg JZT xxx

I noticed it on a yard in Grey Lynn as I rode past - black with tan leather, non facelift headlights.

Three E39 M5's hanging around this yard now. Two in black and a stunner in Le Mans blue with towbar. I don't know if they are all for sale, but makes for good perving.

Anyone know the story - is the blue one coming up for sale ?

Looks like the one that was for sale a couple of months back in chch with a dog kennel for an interior. Looks much better now but how long will that re-dye of the leather last?

Edited by BreakMyWindow

Think you're right Martin! The leather looks miraculously better and overall the presentation is great.

It cleaned up well, as expected, but i too wonder how the seats will last considering how bad they looked before. Not a major though if it goes cheap enough. Wish i had the disposable cash to place a bid, i still dream of owning an E39 M5 one day, but the longer i leave it, the higher the prices.

Went had a look at it. Interior stinks of fresh paint which has been applied in really thick coats over all the damage.

Aside from that it's reasonably tidy with usual scuffs and marks for a 16yo car. Wheels have been re painted silver at some stage and Service history is mostly complete. The vanos solenoids have been fixed.