Sign in to follow this  
3pedals

What did you do to your SAAB today

Nope saw the advert which reinforced view of the particular model

A pic for the interested - 130,000km on the clock spent the last couple of weaks teaching it to walk again after a 4 year hibernation. Only one noisy drive belt idler bearing 

Currently known as the weatbix car because its got about one of them ( i.e short on grunt) 

Came with H&R springs for the front ( not fitted ) will decide whether I want to tackle the rear torsion bars as thats the only means to lower the rear to match. 

the weatbix.jpg

Edited by 3pedals

Relax Col, the Peugeot is just a subterfuge and a training car for the teenagers - the real plan is the rebuild of the 328 - but that said even the wheatbix car should be on it's game 

328 plan - 190kW and about 340Nm  from:

• hot cams, lightweight alloy flywheel, carbon intake manifold, possibly 11.3:1 or 11.6:1  compression pistons
  • plus new engine & gearbox mounts carbon X frame and carbon sway bar.  
  • New underbody tray at the front and carbon diffuser  at the rear .

To do all of that I need to have the car off the road and on a hoist   so  the weatbix will also do some daily drive duty while teaching the teanagers. 

FYI jon

Vin identifier for UK built 306's is SDB  for French built ones it is VF3 - true to form mine is a VF3 so the real deal a French car made in France - bit like a German car made in Germany not one of those nasty thrown together SA  parts bin specials built to get around all of the sanctionas against the apartheid regime?