Sign in to follow this  
Rubix

WTB: Manual E36 328i/325i motorsport coupe, up to $8500

Looking for a new daily driver, preferably in Auckland so I can view.

Wanting another manual 328/325 coupe, or if anyone is selling one, a manual PFL R53 Cooper S (Yes PFL, cheaper).

No bites on Facebook or trademe, nothing interesting there.

Ideally has service history and lowish km, but happy to look at whatever.

No Autos unless <5k and motorsport in very good condition.

• Like 1

Seems like that white one would have been perfect?

Good luck with your search, if I spot anything I'll shout out.

Had a couple of things that were disclosed via PM (still easily fixable) that I didn't feel like dealing with, as well as the KM's being rather high for my liking (for the price), with little service history over that time.

Cheers :D

Edited by Rubix

18 minutes ago, qube said:

You should have jumped on this when it was listed, sold now..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1170479881.htm

^ That car is the town bicycle, everyone has owned and thrashed it.

this looks good

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1176326490.htm

Bit dubious being in Christchurch, don't really want to spend $250-300 on return flights to view.

But seriously now, this one (which I'm sure you've seen) doesn't look too bad and has awesome options (electric rear vent windows! :wub:). Respray too.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1184807664.htm

Yes, it's an auto and out of Auckland but for your budget you get a ticket to Palmy and a manual transplant... might end up being okay?

2 hours ago, M3AN said:

But seriously now, this one (which I'm sure you've seen) doesn't look too bad and has awesome options (electric rear vent windows! :wub:). Respray too.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1184807664.htm

Yes, it's an auto and out of Auckland but for your budget you get a ticket to Palmy and a manual transplant... might end up being okay?

Pretty sure that's a members car. I can't remember their name, but I'm tempted to say Sam, but that doesn't line up with TM

Edited by eliongater

2 minutes ago, eliongater said:

Pretty sure that's a members car.

I've not seen it around here but it wouldn't surprise me, it's very well presented and very tasteful.

1 minute ago, M3AN said:

I've not seen it around here but it wouldn't surprise me, it's very well presented and very tasteful.

Found an owner, not sure if current though

http://bimmersport.co.nz/profile/5698-5amchris/?tab=status

Yup that's Sams, and it is just as immaculate in the flesh. Almost the perfect 328i.

Just now, huff3r said:

Yup that's Sams, and it is just as immaculate in the flesh. Almost the perfect 328i.

Calling Dion... Trip to Palmy might be in order? $150 for a return flight...

• Like 1

Haha yea cheers guys, my car any questions let me know. It's not perfect but it's also 20 years old. It's had an insane amount of work done to it over its life. But sadly I have to change things up. Had way to meny E36 haha 

• Like 1

Just now, 5amchris said:

Haha yea cheers guys, my car any questions let me know. It's not perfect but it's also 20 years old. It's had an insane amount of work done to it over its life. But sadly I have to change things up. Had way to meny E36 haha 

Send Dion (Rubix) a PM, start the discussion.

Props, it looks sweet.

I do believe he has been in contact via facebook. He said he would message me after the long weekend but haven't had anything im guessing its not right for him? Im also happy to talk price for a BS member would love it still in good hands unlike my last car i did up that ended up in some kids hands and is now a bucket =(

• Like 1

Of course it's not my decision but once you'd chucked a manual in it there's not much to dislike. I love the colour too. Looks straight and the subtle mods are sweet.

However it works out with Dion GLWS and I also hope it goes to a good home, it deserves it.

• Like 1

Dion, i can vouch for Sams car as well, have seen it quite a few times. don't be put off by the kms, it only shows it when you sit in the drivers seat and look at the cluster.

Admittedly i am a sucker for Calypso Red so i am a little bias.

I think Dion has to buy it now and convert it to manual. Seems deserving of the treatment.

Doesn't look like stock suspension Chris? And check the brake description in your auction, you mean calipers right? :)

Sorry Sam re: contact, have been quite sick so haven't been spending much time doing anything aside from sleeping.

After recent cooling issues with a couple of the cars I've bought, I'd only buy a car outside of Auckland if I know that the cooling system has been overhauled and I won't have any issues getting back to Auckland.

I definitely agree that Sam's car is immaculate, with a ton of work done, but the only info he couldn't provide was when the cooling system was last overhauled (only tstat and housing done in his ownership), which is a deal breaker for me unfortunately. 
Definitely a nice car though.

As stated I have a 9k budget for the right car which is ridiculous for a 328i, Just amazed that no-one is really selling them at the moment

Edited by Rubix

Be patient my friend, they're out there, and you may not even have to spend the max budget limit you've set at $9k. I'd wait it out for a bit, and set aside a few dollars for personalisations / or maintenance etc, all the best with the search mate.