Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

Jeff Grey BMW and Christchurch European - Praises

We often get negative threads and not enough praising threads for good hard working businesses out there so I thought these two deserve a post from me.

Some will have known that I've been looking at a M3 down in Christchurch. Not knowing anyone there or the ability to hop on a plane and view the car personally I decided to enlist the help of Jeff Grey BMW in Chch.

I gave Kent the service manager a long list of things I wanted personally checked out from the car plus their usual PPI. They were most obliging and perhaps the most professional and easy going people I have ever dealt with.

Arrangements were made with Niki at Chch European - very accommodating and easy to deal with great prompt communications (all emails or txt). They dropped the car off and let it sit overnight.

checked PPI, spoke with Kent over the phone about few things, negotiated a bit with Niki, signed the papers, they gave it a good clean up, WOF and booked freight.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kent and his team at Jeff Grey or Chch European if you are in the market.

Now the fun begins : )

ps I don't mind the colour and it's the mechanical side of things that matter to me with my intention for this : )

Post would not be completely without a self serving photo

0007DA0C-38AC-4686-A6E2-BCDA419B84FE_zps

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 2

Awesome to see you add to the fleet Tom! Looking forward to see where this is heading.

• Like 1

Sadly JG in Wellington have been a bit of a disappointment for me. I asked in detail about an intake port clean on my 335i even sent them a video link, first reply was never head of it before and probably unnecessary, so I sent him a video and asked if he could check with BMW NZ and sadly no reply. I even sent him told him BMW make the tool for putting in the intake port for the clean to happen.

i am pretty unsatisfied with them too, however Jeff Gray in Hawkes Bay are much easier to deal with, i guess i do have friends that work at the one up there. of course, i don't get any of my cars serviced by BMW, just parts.

Mine have always been serviced by JG here in CHCH (because i am to tazy to do any work myself) and i cannot praise them enough, Nothing is ever a problem. I always book a courtesy car and its always a model that is less than 6 months old. Dunno if that bit is trying to up sell, if it is them give me a M1, or M3 next time.

Edited by presso

well i have to differ.I bought my 120d from JGbmw.albeit a few years ago.I got the regular servicing done there,ussually when they let me know a wof was due.All the 120d ever needed was regular services,one time i think they did the cabin filter.Always was able to book it in on a saturday morning.Service was always very good.When i picked the car up they even made sure that i knew how to connect and disconnect the detachable tow ball.!