Sign in to follow this  
P-E36

New in NZ - Looking for a car

Hi Folks,

Bit of a BMW nut, especially fond of the e36 had a 318iS Coupe, a 325tds saloon, and a 323i M-Tech Coupe that absolutely ruined me.. ha but enjoyed it all the same, most recently got a well specced e92 335i which was an absolute pleasure to own but sold to go travelling.

Now I'm quite new here and looking for a car on a TIGHT budget, thinking literally an e36 (Saloon/Coupe/Convertible) with any engine will do as long as it's in decent mechanical condition and has a WOF... Ideally manual because I despite old automatics but I'm not optimistic. Anything out there? I don't care if it's not a show car, I just need it to run well as it will be for road tripping around NZ so don't care about condition of paintwork as much as I care about not being stranded broken down in the middle of nowhere!

Cheers!

Peter

Edit: Thought I'd post pictures of the 323 and 335 (don't have ones of the others handy)

F16243A6-91BC-4C22-9A0D-EDB17AD06823_zps

IMG_4490_zpskdie8ymj.jpg

Have about 2000 more photos of each but wouldn't want to spam the site! :P

Edited by P-E36

I posted a TradeMe link earlier today for a 318iS coupe.

• Like 2

That 318i is too expensive IMHO. What's your budget? My E36 328i (auto) is on the road and soon to be warrantable for well under $3k.

Your old blue (Avus?) coupe looks sweet.

Edit: welcome to the board and NZ. Congrats on the rugby! ;)

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

Cheers M3AN :) 

Yea, wasn't mad about that 318 to be honest. I just did a deal on a 95 Honda Accord, nothing exciting I know but seemed like a good honest car, everything checked out and $1200 is hard to beat. Picking it up tomorrow.

Avus blue is really nice but mine was Montreal blue :) lovely colour when clean/polished, you can see purple hues in it on a sunny day. I would've loved a techno violet or a Dakar Yellow e36 really.... Did a ton of resto/mod work on that car, I'll copy some more info from my thread on another forum and some more photos if anybody's interested.

The 335i only got a Quaife LSD and some subtle cosmetic touches.

Any pictures of your 328?

Posting a link to the thread in the other forum is cool, nobody around here will get upset. No need to copy stuff unnecessarily.

My lol (but great) 328: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/56912-another-e36-my-328-beater/

My M3: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/47049-m3an-e36-m3-plog-project-log/

M3 and 328 is a pretty sweet 2 car garage B)

I did a little digging and already had a look through your threads, looking at the 328 one I can relate to the cooling system woes! Was really frustrating for me at one point..!

My threads are loooooong so my for sale ads for the cars may be a bit more concise here's the one for the 323i: http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106585

And here's the one for the 335i:

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123626

I miss the e36 but it really did break my heart, the e92 naturally wasn't quite as raw but the power, comfort and toys more than made up for it!

Need an ///M in my life next, once I'm properly settled again that is!

Would love to come to one of the meets to say hello and check out everyone's cars, but I'm not sure about rolling up in a 21 year old Accord :D

That 323 is very nice and the work gone into it is fantastic.

Our Auckland monthly meet is open to all cars as long as you're a BMW enthusiast.

We even let Michael continue to bring his Toymotor. ;)

• Like 1

Glad to see montreal blue can look that good - Just bought a Montreal coupe myself and have dropped it to HellBM for surgery.
Next up, Lip, Clear indicators all round, m3 mesh grille.

• Like 1

Thanks gents :) 

Will try to make the next one for sure!

@Rubix congrats on the purchase, Evo mesh and splitter will make quite a nice difference B)

Well the Accord lasted a whole week :rolleyes:

Got rear ended today (by a Honda Torneo) which pushed me into the car in front of me (Audi Q5) which resulted in 2 write offs (and a tiny scratch on the Audi) thankfully no one's hurt, but back to square one now. Such a shame, had finally gotten all of our brand new camping gear in the boot and was finally ready for our first proper trip tomorrow... :rolleyes: Oh well!

10 hours ago, P-E36 said:

Not sure where to post this... But anybody know this e36 325i by any chance?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1197404525.htm

Maybe post it in the TradeMe section.

I know nothing about it but it's unusually sensibly priced.