Sign in to follow this  
e30 for President

E30 Aftermarket Steering Wheel

After some unsuccessful attempts to find a e30 brand sports steering wheel (e30 360mm Mtech2 would be ideal!), im thinking of going for a after market momo option. 

I will look at going for a 350mm steering wheel. 

First of all I know this will be a nicer experience on the open road . 

But given that e30s don't have the best power steering i am wondering what it will be like more day to day, i.e. Round town, parallel parking, having to turn  full lock so on. . 

My question is: Has anybody fitted a 350mm steering to a e30 and what was ur experience like? 

I don't want to spend a tone of cash to then discover  its not practical & try to on sell them. 

Be careful you don't go to small and can no longer see the speedometer. Depending on your height even a 360mm could be a problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e30 for President said:

But given that e30s don't have the best power steering i am wondering what it will be like more day to day, i.e. Round town, parallel parking, having to turn  full lock so on. . 

I find the opposite. My E30 has incredibly light steering, even compared to my E36. A smaller wheel was never a problem (had a 350mm on my racecar).

• Like 1

I run a 330mm  sparco wheel. Works great .... z3 1.9ltr steerinbg rack but.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, huff3r said:

I find the opposite. My E30 has incredibly light steering, even compared to my E36. A smaller wheel was never a problem (had a 350mm on my racecar).

huff3r  Being a racecar tho u wouldn't have done much full lock type low speed turning right? 

Thnx far the feedback so far guys. 

alisterh - thnx for that, I am aware of the cluster issue it will probably cause. A trade off im possibly willing to make

I was daily driving it so yeah I did a lot. Even used it driving for domino's for a while.