Sign in to follow this  
bga

Anyone seen this beauty - RHD E30 M3

531680604.jpg

531680875.jpg

531680590.jpg

copied some pics off the ad, so when listing expires thread still makes sense :)

2 hours ago, bga said:

Totally different car to the one in the thread you have posted.

TradeMe advert clearly states its a Bird's conversion.

Built 1987, one of 4 sold RHD NZ new in 1988, the drive of 4 M3's racing in convoy across Europe from the factory to "Birds"(UK) factory-authorised RHD-conversion is still a legend at Giltraps. Rarer than LHD there are less than a dozen correctly converted authorised RHD globally.

Looking at his Buy Now price I think the seller has got his Evo1 confused with an EvoIII

thats why I put 'maybe....", still very very nice though

"...for the, frankly inferior, E46 M3 CSL..."

I think he's doing the CSL quite the disservice there. An E30 M3 would be fun but the CSL is an animal.

• Like 3

What surprised me is the seat bolsters have been changed possibly worn out. Plenty of patina under the engine bay does not have the refreshed anything look, a jolly good clean would make a world of difference. 

12 hours ago, Dave@nz said:

What surprised me is the seat bolsters have been changed possibly worn out. Plenty of patina under the engine bay does not have the refreshed anything look, a jolly good clean would make a world of difference. 

Agree.

For that price, I would expect a stack of receipts which include a full suspension overhaul.. Anything made of rubber replaced given the age of the car.

• Like 1

Price seems to be going up, doesn’t look like any thing else has changed. 

The front seat bolsters have been replaced which is unusual would expect them to last 200k plus.

8 minutes ago, Dave@nz said:

The front seat bolsters have been replaced which is unusual would expect them to last 200k plus.

The sports seats in my vert have done less than 80k miles, but bolsters were replaced long ago. I think it is the rubbing as you get in and out... Lots of short trips = more rubbing.

yes, agree, not in great shape for what he is asking. Needs to be brought up to a good standard for those prices. Could be such a great car with the effort.