Sign in to follow this  
NZ300E

E30 BMW parts bin project almost done

Well , almost done.....for this I took our humble 320I which we have had for about 12 years and was as basic bog standard as you could get, and transformed it. Using only genuine BMW period parts and no Chinese knock off's. Started by colour coding bumpers, adding in the fogs and wiring to original switch putting on Is front spoiler. Moved to replacing bonnet struts, adding tech 1 rear spoiler plus paint to match, sourced 15" weaves then the centre caps. Changed lecky windows to manual (sick of switches always crapping out) which meant replacing door cards,regulators,glass and centre console. Added tech 1 steering wheel, 385mm. Really would like 370mm. Leather handbrake gaitor. Pulled all the chrome window surround off and painted satin black, colour coded mirrors. Added 1988 alpine cassette deck and BMW sound premium tweeters up front and speakers in rear, got 13 button obc plus loom to go in, added maplight mirror. M3d the dash. Added NOS seat badges. Added e30 series spec suspension including correct Springs and koni adjustable.

Really happy with what I have, still want real recaro ls seats, is side skirts and smiley ellipsoid lights.......and the elephant in the room......manual conversion. Or if budget allows e36 2.8 conversion. 

Anything else anyone can think of, remember only using late 80s beemer stuff.

I would also like to thank all the members here who helped sourcing and supplying stuff needed, many thanks guys.

DSC_0599.JPG

DSC_0600.JPG

DSC_0601.JPG

DSC_0602.JPG

DSC_0603.JPG

DSC_0605.JPG

DSC_0598.JPG

DSC_0597.JPG

DSC_0596.JPG

DSC_0595.JPG

DSC_0594.JPG

DSC_0593.JPG

DSC_0592.JPG

DSC_0591.JPG

DSC_0590.JPG

Edited by NZ300E
Changed wording

Where did you get that Gaitor from. I take it that it's the genuine BMW part?

Fleabay, Germany NOS 

Part no. 34412230012 

Edited by NZ300E

Lol.....yeah, know what you mean, it actually had a modern head unit in it....but I decided to keep it 80s, in keeping with the car. Might yet update to a late 80s alpine cd unit yet, if I can find one. But cassettes are retro cool.

Edited by NZ300E