Sign in to follow this  
Albertouy

Tired of Vodafone

I'm just posting my experience dealing with Vodafone which it has  been horrible to say the least, this could well be on the rant thread.

The reason why I'm posting this is because they get away with way too much
We have broadband in my flat and I used to have a mobile plan with them so I have a fair bit of experience dealing with them.
Things I hate about them, I've been in the phone for 40 minutes in back to back calls, I've been transferred around 5 different departments and stuff still don't get fixed and then they tell you they do. And a week later nothing happens and you have to get in the phone for another hour and go through every single department.

So the other I decided I had enough and I changed my mobile to skinny and man what a difference. I pay the same which is $30 but I get three times more data 3gb.
And Skinny telephone service.. so much better! haha.
It does seem a bit of an advertisement but just wanted to tell other people if you are fed up with vodafone or spark if its the case there's other companies out there with good products as well. Skinny uses sparks network I believe.

Agree with you - Vodafone customer service is terrible.

FYI - skinny is owned by Spark. So is Bigpipe.

23 hours ago, MD13 said:

Agree with you - Vodafone customer service is terrible.

FYI - skinny is owned by Spark. So is Bigpipe.

Oh that's good to know I've heard Spark is not great either cross fingers.

^ that's just too simplistic which makes it inaccurate.

Vodafone has fibre and copper (ChCh, Wel, Akl). Telstra had copper and fibre (nationwide), now Vodafone's, Spark has copper and fiber (nationwide) in addition to what they, and others, use from Chorus. Not to mention Vocus (nationwide). All mobile providers need backhaul and they can't rely entirely on 3rd parties for that.

Now, I'm not saying that makes any of their customer service any better.

Edited by M3AN

took my like 8 months to get my address updated on my broadband plan and after 2 years still havnt been able to get my internet username changed from the previous account holder's - i gave up trying. at least it still works..