Sign in to follow this  

is that where we are at now, $35k for a high km E34 M5?

17 minutes ago, KwS said:

is that where we are at now, $35k for a high km E34 M5?

no way

• Like 3

If it has had a comprehensive restoration meaning everything: body, interior, suspension, motor, driveline, brakes, all rubber, all nuts, all bolts, body repairs, a complete bare metal respray in original colour and using genuine BMW parts then maybe. But judging by the photo's this one is nowhere near worth what they are asking IMHO.

But how awesome will it to be to own and enjoy an E34 M5!

I'd hope they put more effort into maintaining the car than they have advertising it. Though there's no evidence they have done.

Could be a recent import. Who knows.

It's not worth it.

In 2009 I got 14k for my NZ new 91 model with 245kms. What was it like to own? One word - awesome!.

Could be wrong, but suspect that this may be the Sth African example that was brought in by it's original owners in the late 90's. If it is, this car was marketed last time (3-4 years ago) for around $11k. It spend some time in the Hawkes Bay. Originally sat on the original turbine wheels (despite being a 92'). 

Ex-pen-sive.

Probably doesn't really want to sell it.

10 hours ago, ssbmw said:

Could be wrong, but suspect that this may be the Sth African example that was brought in by it's original owners in the late 90's. If it is, this car was marketed last time (3-4 years ago) for around $11k. It spend some time in the Hawkes Bay. Originally sat on the original turbine wheels (despite being a 92'). 

For sale in the wellington region wasnt it? Seem to recall a white one going for that much a few years ago, I just missed out on it :(

On 11/26/2016 at 4:32 AM, ssbmw said:

On 11/26/2016 at 4:32 AM, ssbmw said:

I was thinking it was the exHB car.

Just to clarify - if it is the same vehicle, it was purchased by a man  called Graham Peddler from Napier in the early 2000's (he bought it off the South African family who bought it new in SA) and spent possibly 7-10 years in the HB area whilst in the hands of one or 2 subsequent owners. For sale in 2010 or so  for around  $10k on  trade me but was looking rough. Then resurfaced a few years ago in Wellington for a similar price.

The only 2 other white examples were a NZ car that was written off a few years ago and another identical example from the UK  that is still owned by a close Friend of mine.

Edited by ssbmw
  • Like 1

They've lowered the price a lot now, but still not enough IMO. Especially given the lack of photos and high kms