Sign in to follow this  
Kepes

Turbo M20 clutch options?

Hey team,

A new clutch is one of the last things I need for my turbo build and I'm really lost as to what we have available here in New Zealand which is rated to around 320 torque. Of course I could import a clutch, and if I did I'd be getting a Spec Stage 2 or 3, probably 2 for my power goals (~260kw at the wheels)

Really interested to hear what you guys running turbos are using and where you got them, I currently have a dual mass flywheel but will be going single mass. M20B25 with Getrag 260 box. Thanks!

Toby

Edited by Kepes

I got mine done at waikato clutch and brake.

they did rip me off last time and wouldn't fix their f**k up or refund me.

But before that they have done multiple clutches for me and friends and they have been great. i had sachs pressure plate resprung and repivoted, clutch relined and flywheel ground, new pilot and throw out bearings.  was around $600 mark. just told them what i was doing and they figured it out from there.

Last time i dynoed was around the 300wkw mark and the clutch has never given any trouble, its also not stupidly heavy.

i previously had a carbon Kevlar disc with a stupidly heavy pressure plate. brought off someone on here, i think it was a f1 racing stage 2 or 3, whatever they call it. anyway it was terrible, handled a NA m50 alright but soon as the turbo went on and starting tuning it, it let go at low power. pedal also heavy as fuarrk

Edited by polley
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, polley said:

I got mine done at waikato clutch and brake.

they did rip me off last time and wouldn't fix their f**k up or refund me.

But before that they have done multiple clutches for me and friends and they have been great. i had sachs pressure plate resprung and repivoted, clutch relined and flywheel ground, new pilot and throw out bearings.  was around $600 mark. just told them what i was doing and they figured it out from there.

Last time i dynoed was around the 300wkw mark and the clutch has never given any trouble, its also not stupidly heavy.

i previously had a carbon Kevlar disc with a stupidly heavy pressure plate. brought off someone on here, i think it was a f1 racing stage 2 or 3, whatever they call it. anyway it was terrible, handled a NA m50 alright but soon as the turbo went on and starting tuning it, it let go at low power. pedal also heavy as fuarrk

Have heard people mention the 616(?) sachs plate, I assume that's the one you're using. Seems like a good option. I'm not too fussed on the clutch feel to be honest. I figure I'll get used to it.
Really appreciate the info, and great to get a price. For $600 I could get a Spec stage 3 (good for around 400 torque) landed so might just go down that route. Reasonably good reviews, heavy but not stupid and it's proven.