Sign in to follow this  
slyguynz

BMW 440i M-Sport - UK Import

Hey guys...

Ok, so currently, i've got a 2007 650i, and love it... however, an opportunity came up to import a car from the UK, leveraging the VAT Q (take 20% off the purchase price over there, if you are exporting, assuming it's "VAT Qualiying") rule.

Long story short, i was looking at importing a 535D, but felt that might be just a little too practical for me after the 650i. I've gone for a 440i, Gran-Coupe, which is an ex demonstrator from a dealer in the UK (1100 miles on it)...  My car is due late Dec / Early Jan.

There are 2 x problems with importing a car from the UK (that i know of)...

The GPS isn't right... but i believe i can sort that for a few hundred $$$

The Speedo is in MPH primary, with small KPH numbers..

Does anyone know of a way which i can get the dash panel swapped / replaced with a KPH one? 

Is there anything else I've missed, and should probably be thinking about?

I've inquired about the BMW warranty, and my understanding is that BMW International will cover it for 2 years, but i may have to pay up front for local kiwi dealers to do any work on it, whilst they claim it back from ze Germans...

On a complete side topic... What sort of money could / would be a reasonable price to put the 650i up for sale at.. Black, good condition, 125,000k's  Black Leather...?

Cheers,

Sly

Have you seen the Gran Coupes up close?  I have a few parked outside my apartment every day and I am really not sold on the back half at all.

At first glance they are okay.  But after having a good look, well..  Though they are very popular here in the states as the lease programs are amazing.

I tested one two weeks ago, not bad, the way the boot opens is actually pretty practical and easy to place large items in.  Interiors quite lacking as with most new BMW's these days.