Sign in to follow this  
treone

8 Series - anyone familiar with this example?

Tempting...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1211481938.htm

I recall this being listed  about 2 years ago asking for mid-twenties. It was listed for quite a while. Seems like not much has changed in the interim - mileage and photos are the same hmmmm...

I'm curious if anyone knows this car or has any information on it.

I don't know too much about this car. However a mate of mine in the car game called me 6 years ago or so to say this car was traded in at a European dealership in Auckland by its first owner. They in turn (the dealer) whole-saled it off - anecdotally for around $12k. The mileage back then was similar to what it is today. 

Next thing you know it was marketed on t/me for $29k with photos of the vehicle near a marina. I am not sure it got sold. Could have been the price. 

Built in 1994. Pretty sure it's one of the last NZ new 5.0 V12's sold in NZ. 

To be fair, very original. 

Edited by ssbmw

13 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Thinking of getting back into 8s @treone???

Not thinking - will eventually be back in an 8. I get to see my old one now and then and every time I wish I never sold it! So either I buy my one back or look for an '8 Series project' haha.

Thanks for the info ssbmw - I agree seems to be a very nice NZ new example except for the spoiler. I thought it was an early production. A post '94 8er doesn't come up too often and reasonable at $16k I think.

• Like 1

High k's but 'looks' good aside from worn drivers seat...

Near certain this is being sold by a gentleman who is arguably one of the world's serious enthusiasts of the BMW 8 series. Had until recently around 8+ examples of the E31 including some of the rarest variants. Despite the mileage, I am told this is a very well maintained example - he has spent a lot maintaining this car. I am sure it will be a good buy.

I have heard about this particular enthusiast and their collection of 8's - if it is one of theirs then agree this is probably a well looked after example despite the kms (TBH the kms don't put me off as I think when vehicles are getting to this age kms becomes a bit irrelevant - its how its been maintained that is key IMO).

Not quite in the market just yet but this is very tempting! Ticks a number of boxes for me though...

Edited by treone

"This vehicle is sold by the liquidators appointed to manage the vendor’s assets."

Seems rather odd if it's coming from a collection doesn't it? Or am I reading too much into those words?

45 minutes ago, M3AN said:

"This vehicle is sold by the liquidators appointed to manage the vendor’s assets."

Seems rather odd if it's coming from a collection doesn't it? Or am I reading too much into those words?

I think they mean the one in the first post.

The one from Turners seems to be a very different story :)

• Like 1