Sign in to follow this  
new2thisgame

335i turbo replaced and vacum lines, car runs rough after 2 weeks of thrilling driving

Hi team,

i hope this message finds you well.

I had my vacuums lines replaced 2 weeks ago along with rear turbo. ( wastegate was stuck in the open position) 

The job was completed by a BMW dealer under warranty, so it should be good workmanship ( we hope so anyway )

The car drove like a rocket for the first 2 weeks,

then i noticed a slight loss of power, exhaust slightly louder, car running slightly sluggish.

no engine lights have come on, no fault codes from Torque engine management diagnostic tools and MHD flasher

NOTE: Toruqe app real time  boost psi and vacume  readings do not go into positive, is this normal? 335i.pdf335i.pdf

I dont have anymore to evidence to show the workshop. and they are hesitant to help further

Is there anymore testing i can do or any advice from fellow BMW owners to help build a case to present to dealership.

any advice would be appreciated.

(I have attached a copy of invoice notes, to give a clearer picture)

regards

Edited by new2thisgame

I'd say insist on the BMW workshop testing the car. They should have their own tools to log turbo boost as well.

Not sure on Torque logging boost with the N54 engine. On the N55 it works ok, I've tried it on mine before. Whats the min and max readings you're seeing? Negative values when cruising or idling is normal as it can create a slight vacuum when not under load. 

Even if it was done under warranty take it back to the bmw dealer and tell them you are not happy with the vehicle and want it fixed correctly.

20 hours ago, Matth5 said:

I'd say insist on the BMW workshop testing the car. They should have their own tools to log turbo boost as well.

Not sure on Torque logging boost with the N54 engine. On the N55 it works ok, I've tried it on mine before. Whats the min and max readings you're seeing? Negative values when cruising or idling is normal as it can create a slight vacuum when not under load. 

torque logging measures the vacuum in negative but does not go into positive...  i hear the turbos spoolings so it maybe the software not reading correctly

2 hours ago, mattone74 said:

Did they replace boost solenoids as well? worth doing, its an easy diy

no the solenoids were not replaced..