Sign in to follow this  
E36_Turbo

E39 M5

Are the E39 M5's at an all time low in regards to current market value? Really lovely looking machines. The interior colour looks pretty cool, but you can obviously see the front passenger seat has seen better days. Rather affordable to purchase....but i have no idea about M5 Maintenance....hope it goes to a good home. 

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1214278766.htm

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Wondering if the E39 M5 has hit the bottom of their 'market value'. The last two $1 reserve M5's went for @ $17.5k and $18.5k. One other E39 M5 on TM at the mo for $22.5k. I would say this one's worth a gamble - damn if only I was in the market!

• Like 1

Oh gosh yes, Oxford green with the tan leather. Perfect. Shame im broke :(

• Like 2

I think if one was to purchase such a machine, now is the time. Although the mileage is rather high on a few of these recent examples, just being the E39 M5 makes you want one regardless haha.

• Like 1

Yes I'm wondering what's up with that 03 M5 @240km and seemingly a pretty good price?  In Auckland next week so may look at kicking its tyres.  I would have thought a facelift at that price would vapourise...

Mmmmmmmm that colour. e28 firesale anyone?

• Like 2

Good to know though that's there a few out there and will probably turn over again in due course, hopefully at a time when I can pounce...

• Like 2

I think it was 20k

Went and had a nosey at it a couple of weeks ago at their yard. Paint looks nice, boot doesn't close (broken spring in the latch) Interior has had a quick touch up to hide the wear. Wheels repainted and the bank 2 vanos unit has been replaced. Didn't drive it but assuming it's ok a wee bit of tlc would turn this in to a minter.

Edited by BreakMyWindow

Martin- having extensive experience with e39 M5's and now having seen this one - in your opinion do you think its worth the $25k they're asking? Just curious ;)

Different Martin replying.......they seem to be going up in the UK which is a good sign for long term values as supply is relatively plentiful over there.  There seems to have been quite a few for sale in NZ lately but it hasn't always been that way.  I have been watching the market in NZ for a good 5 years and there have been long periods where nothing has been for sale.  There has also been a good spread of prices........

depends how badly you want an M5 and how long you are prepared to wait.    25k is not cheap but I think it is fair given there are bugger all around.   Certainly a lot more than the 18k paid for a few recent ones on Trademe.

8 hours ago, treone said:

Martin- having extensive experience with e39 M5's and now having seen this one - in your opinion do you think its worth the $25k they're asking? Just curious ;)

If it's mechanically above average, then absolutely.

Cheers, appreciate all your thoughts. Agree E39 M5's have been few and far between over the last 5 years or so. Then in 2016 there seemed to be a plethora of them. Kicking myself all these M5's have come up for sale after purchasing my e60 M5.

Now if someone was to buy my M5 I tomorrow this example would be in my driveway on Saturday. The likelihood of that happening - zilch :(

18 hours ago, qube said:

you should try trading it in.. after all, it is the tradin post :ph34r::ph34r:

I am oh sooo tempted believe me ;)

• Like 1