Sign in to follow this  
Yusuf

Low mileage E38 for big $

Yeah this had popped up previously, having run bugger all scares me, I can see cool system collapse imminent 

Wouldn't cloth interior have to have been requested?  I thought all E38's came with leather standard.  Wow it looks horrible with cloth.

• Like 3

Its pretty billy-basic. No leather, no sunroof, basic & unheated seats, no PDC....

I bet it hasnt been serviced to its time based service schedule instead of distance.

Lol at below empty on the 750il, someone gonna get stung filling that from E!

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:52 PM, Driftit said:

Wouldn't cloth interior have to have been requested?  I thought all E38's came with leather standard.  Wow it looks horrible with cloth.

You would be amazed at the standard factory spec for 7 Series, tiny steel wheels and cloth seats with bugger all toys and tech. I'd guess that it's for the countries like India and Africa that sell 7s and all the buyers want is the size and the badge.

The New Zealand "standard" spec is usually much higher than the factory - the current 7 Series list of additions is nearly two pages long.

some people hate leather too for it getting all sticky in the heat etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _ethrty-Andy_ said:

some people hate leather too for it getting all sticky in the heat etc

Correct

Cloth or velour in some cases is more desirable in Japan.

This is a Japanese import too. 

8 hours ago, KwS said:

I would much prefer half leather to full leather.

Same here.

On 07/12/2016 at 1:25 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

You would be amazed at the standard factory spec for 7 Series, tiny steel wheels and cloth seats with bugger all toys and tech. I'd guess that it's for the countries like India and Africa that sell 7s and all the buyers want is the size and the badge.

This was certainly true in the UK back in the 80s (at least). Standard spec was virtually nothing. Radio? *Just* a radio - no cassette player - was an option. Don't tick it, and don't get any in-car sounds. Cheap cloth seats were standard as were steel wheels. 

The 'standard' car was more reminiscent of something from the eastern side of the Berlin wall. Just better built.

Funnily enough. This one was a Jap import. Which is strange on a couple of counts. If you could afford the 7 series in Japan in the 90's you were probably well off so why buy a super base spec car. Then if your importing a 7 series E38 to NZ why buy a base spec car to be a garage queen?

It's seemingly only been registered in NZ this year, so it's been sat in a garage in Japan somehere. Maybe they went broke buyiing, so they never used it :-)

ill bet the dealer saw the Km in japan and jumped on it whilst rubbing his hands together gleefully.... regardless of the spec.