Sign in to follow this  
hqstu

E39 540 MS - Who would deal with this guy...

Interesting way to try and sell a car! He clearly has a high opinion of his car, whether that is true you can only find out by going to look at it.

^Well thats where you're wrong Jon.

You CANT go and look at it!

You need to TXT him a CASH OFFER cuz he dont want you to touch it and screw him on price!

Nice E39 though, kms are a bit high but if the maintenance has been done should be no problem.

• Like 1

It's NEVER been smoked or eaten in and been cleaned and garaged it's whole life... yet it's a used import.

Looks a nice car but absolutely top dollar given the km's and being an import - and the way the seller is carrying on - yeahnah... I couldn't be bothered with it/them. 

Agreeing a sale price BEFORE even viewing a vehicle? "Tell him he's dreaming!!!".

Laughed my ass off. Read the description and thought it must have demo kms and be 50 grand. Then read the top of the page. L O bloody L.

• Like 1

"don't even bother asking me if there is and issue because you will not find one"

then:

537717643.jpg

"CHECK NUMPLATE LIGHT"

Perhaps one mans perfect is another mans... er... not?

Edited by Allanw
  • Like 5

Despite the interesting sales approach is the reverse camera an after market hack or did BMW actually provide these for the e39?

2 hours ago, BreakMyWindow said:

Knob cheese.

Thanks for ruining my evening with that mental image. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Allanw said:

"don't even bother asking me if there is and issue because you will not find one"

then:

537717643.jpg

"CHECK NUMPLATE LIGHT"

Perhaps one mans perfect is another mans... er... not?

Or should that read 

check numbnut light

What a Fwit!! I would love to inspect it & see what i could fault. Apart from the plate lamp, I bet i could find others. 

Does look a nice car though.

Re reverse camera - retrofitting one is NOT a hack as such. There was actually an OEM option available too. That said - the aftermarket option is probably better being that its later technology. I am reliably informed this is the case in regards to the E70 OEM v aftermarket.

• Like 1

The number plate light is working fine, but it's an LED beside the reversing camera, so has a different resistance than a normal bulb, so throws a warning. 

But yeah, while the number plate light isn't much of an issue, I also ate in that car too.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2016 at 9:08 PM, hotwire said:

What a Fwit!! I would love to inspect it & see what i could fault. Apart from the plate lamp, I bet i could find others. 

Does look a nice car though.

Re reverse camera - retrofitting one is NOT a hack as such. There was actually an OEM option available too. That said - the aftermarket option is probably better being that its later technology. I am reliably informed this is the case in regards to the E70 OEM v aftermarket.

Yup, the camera on my X5 is pretty hopeless, especially at night. 

This car looks nice, seems keen to command a premium with the KMs but the Bluetooth and other stuff are nice options. 

Edited by NZ BMW

I know this car pretty well, in fact its' first NZ owner is a BMWCC stalwart and one of the original race series guys.  My mate bought if off him.  

So, the car has been traded and this knob has bought it from the dealer (he most likely works there)  and has decided to make some $$ for xmas.  Good luck to him.  Saying that, the Awesome Sound with crisp sounding speakers that will make you feel awesome just makes we want to buy my mates old car.

I ate a pie in this car too and once blew cigarette smoke in the passengers window.  

• Like 5

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, qube said:

^Well thats where you're wrong Jon.

You CANT go and look at it!

You need to TXT him a CASH OFFER cuz he dont want you to touch it and screw him on price!

Yeah, but TXTing an offer and paying the cash are two different things.

I am half tempted to send him a text and then waste most of his day driving it and pulling it to pieces, but luckily I have better things to do with my time at the moment....

• Like 1

bootlid is still japanese spec too

4 hours ago, Fothers said:

I ate a pie in this car too and once blew cigarette smoke in the passengers window.  

You animal... 

I would check out the other listings he has on the go. Might answer a few questions... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

You animal... 

I would check out the other listings he has on the go. Might answer a few questions... 

I had a look, seems legit...;)

• Like 1