Sign in to follow this  
RedRocketTi

1974 BMW 2002

So I guess this is where I should do a little write up and add all the stuff my dad has done on his 74 2002. 

It all began about 5 years ago when dad got the car in a dereg state that needed a full restore. 

Rusty sills were replaced and the full car was stripped down to bare metal, razor blades were used to scrape the layers of paint back, the car was originally green, but once we scraped off the red paint it was finally back to the bare metal. The drivers side floor was repaired too due to rust, finally making the car rust free! Unfortunitly dad didnt really get any pictures during the build of the car or of it in its stripped state.

The guards were then cut and then welded to allow for the flares to be bolted on along with the BBS RS 15x8 et13 offset reps to be installed. This proved to be a bit of an issue come recompliance where an LVV Cert was also needed, this passed easily but added to the cost of the build.

We managed to pick up a mint Tan leather interior out of a 635csi. This fitted in perfectly and the rear bucket seats look amazing and are amazingly comfy! 

The original 2L m10 single carby engine still powers it all but maybe one day in the future a twin carb setup or injected setup might be added to make the car a little easier to use as a bit more of a daily driver.

The paint was chosen to be Polaris Silver, as the original 2002 turbos only came in the white or silver and my grandfather at the time owning a 1974 E9 3.0CS in polaris silver.

So I guess here is the place where I will post some glamour shots of her! I have only shot the outside of the car but Im sure over time I will continue to utilize the little car as a stand in model whenever I want something pretty to take photos of! 

If you want to know more about this car feel free to ask, dad has a whole lot more on it and Im sure we will add more to the story of this car!

IMG_9700.jpgIMG_9721.jpgIMG_9766.jpgmk2.jpg

• Like 6

A good read thanks and very cool car. 

I'll be looking forward to seeing a lot more pics of this one..