Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Opinions needed

My 335i currently has these 17 inch style 188s and I have a set of Style 350 (18) that I picked up cheaply. The rear style 350 has a 225 on it instead of a 255 so looks a bit wrong but what do you guys think? By the way the offsets are pretty good. Front is out 4mm and closer by 9mm the rear is in by 1mm and closer by 13mm. I may run a 5mm spacer on the rear yet. 

20161213_100251.jpg

20161213_100304.jpg

What size wheel and tyre does BMW recommend for your vehicle. Just consider the extra stress being placed on the suspension bushes and ball joints with the larger size wheel tyre combo.  

nothing wrong with going for 18x8 and 18x9 with relatively normal offsets.

and also would be fine to run 225/235-40-18 front 255/265-35-18 rear on a 335i.

• Like 1

225 front and 255 back are factory and M3 runs 235 and 265. So no issues.

Much better. 

You should have some fun and rip up those rears before you replace them with the right size. A tuned 335i should have no trouble destroying them...

Since you mod your car a fair bit I think following M3 tyre specs would be good.

• Like 1

would wider tires even help on the rear? The offset looks weak sauce as fark on the rear. Needs a wider tire for sure though.

Rear is the same -1 mm as factory but is closer to the shock as its a 9 inch rim as opposed to an 8.5. May run a spacer to get it out a bit. Don't know much about spacers but 5mm would seem to do it. I could run a 265 rear but as I have some good  255's I will just stick with them. The 225 on the back looks crap I agree and makes it hard to get a real idea. The alloys themself I like though.

I like em... they look like a "more swish" Style 194.  

Before running the 235/265 combo, check that the e90 M3 runs same rims as your coupe - offsets and rim widths may be different (as in e46).

You going RE003's again, John?  Or "something else"?  They're doing the "buy one, get one half price" deal on Potenzas at Bridgestone NZ at the moment.

Yes Re003s again. straight up its a good tyre and then you look what price you can get them for and it's a no brainer. sold in the US as the firestone firehawk. very good reviews. 

yep, I'm still loving mine and must have over 10,000 kms on them now which is a 'good thing' IME #; )

• Like 1

So i have fitted the Style 350s with 225 and 255 rubber. The first thing I noticed was that the steering was a little more direct. The fronts that come on the 350's are Nitto Nt830's. the old tyres were Hankook Ventus 2's. I really dont know much about either tyre but the Nittos give decent feedback and seem to have some grip but I haven't pushed them to the limit to really see. Looking at the description I think they are more of a touring tyre. At the rear its hard to pick, Newish S001's vs new Re003's so far its a wash. I do have a slightly wider track at the front 8mm and less at the back 2mm. There is room to push the rears out another 10mm each side so will have a look at that in the new year. The bottom line is that the car feels more precise on 18s than 17's and the ride is slightly firmer but not anywhere near uncomfortable. 

Edited by Herbmiester