Sign in to follow this  
gjm

1993 Avusblau M3 - $12k

Probably not a bad price @ 12k  but i reacon the guy is in la la land with his description & predictions.

The E36 cannot be compared to an E30 or 46. They were a relative bean counter car, pretty ordinary build quality & somewhat bland in styling. Bugger all styling definition between a 318i coupe & an M3. Unlike all other M3 variants where they are much more staunch.

Still a bang for buck car & prices may well recover on mint versions as they thin out - as E30's have but i doubt they will ever have the cult following of the the E30 M3's

• Like 1

Makes my old one look like a steal for the price i sold it for.

That white leather is just horrible, it does not wear well at all. 

17 hours ago, hotwire said:

Still a bang for buck car & prices may well recover on mint versions as they thin out - as E30's have but i doubt they will ever have the cult following of the the E30 M3's

E30 M3s have the cult following as much for thier rarity as anything else. The E36 is a very underated car and the chassis is very good, as a daily driver I would have an E36 over an E30.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

E30 M3s have the cult following as much for thier rarity as anything else. The E36 is a very underated car and the chassis is very good, as a daily driver I would have an E36 over an E30.

Imagine a lightweight (carbon roof, bonnet, boot) E36 M3 with an S14-derived 4-pot 2.5 litre engine, spinning to (say) 8500rpm and producing 240-250hp

Nothing that can't be done, but as far as I know not something that has (yet?) been built.

48 minutes ago, gjm said:

Imagine a lightweight (carbon roof, bonnet, boot) E36 M3 with an S14-derived 4-pot 2.5 litre engine, spinning to (say) 8500rpm and producing 240-250hp

Nothing that can't be done, but as far as I know not something that has (yet?) been built.

So, an e36 318is touring car, yes please! :)

• Like 1

I have a 318is with a blown motor, have been thinking about an LS but also  2jzgte or even a Nissan RB a great chassis in need of the requisite amount of horsepower