Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Anyone with a 135i in Wellington?

Does anyone in Wellington have a 135i? Wanting to have a look at one up close to see what the room is like inside and stuff, maybe even go for a ride in it (you drive).

you dont need a 135 to see what the room is like.I had 120d.I am 190 cm tall with a long body.Actually getting in was a bit tight but once in the room was fine and there was headroom.

(Dont forget to check the seat adjustment every BMW i have driven has a seat that also goes up and down!)

,the seat could still go back but there wasnt much room for rear seat passengers.The hatch back iwas suprisingly roomy,but they are not a patch on fwd hatchbacks.

Yeah I'm not too worried about room, just want to see what the rear is like for passengers, boot space, how quick they are and so forth. I'm keen on a 335i, but can't find one I want - but there is a 135i that is ticking almost all the boxes for me, so I'd like to have a look at one up close since it's in Auckland.

rear seat space is best described as "occasional".  you'd not be getting willing participants to ride in the back, to Taupo.  OTOH, children under the age of (say) 7 or 8 shouldn't complain too much if it was for family use.

Thought of the 123D?  I recently drove a 123D Sport coupe, and was stunned.

it's The Cult, man.  Electric.  Think "Love Removal Machine" in a pocket-sized 2 door.  

On 1/3/2017 at 0:10 PM, e30ftw said:

Yeah I'm not too worried about room, just want to see what the rear is like for passengers, boot space, how quick they are and so forth. I'm keen on a 335i, but can't find one I want - but there is a 135i that is ticking almost all the boxes for me, so I'd like to have a look at one up close since it's in Auckland.

Seriously quick would be the answer to that... Rear space is as Olaf said, best described as occasional... I've got one for sale at the moment and I know I'm going to regret it when it's gone... Unfortunately for you, it too is in Auckland... Which one are you looking at... 

Edited by Red Dwarf

19 hours ago, Olaf said:

rear seat space is best described as "occasional".  you'd not be getting willing participants to ride in the back, to Taupo.  OTOH, children under the age of (say) 7 or 8 shouldn't complain too much if it was for family use.

Thought of the 123D?  I recently drove a 123D Sport coupe, and was stunned.

Even I considered a 120D msport coupe 6 speed. But then I went back out to my substantially cheaper 525e lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Red Dwarf said:

Seriously quick would be the answer to that... Rear space is as Olaf said, best described as occasional... I've got one for sale at the moment and I know I'm going to regret it when it's gone... Unfortunately for you, it too is in Auckland... Which one are you looking at... 

I'm after one with the N55 and DCT. There are a couple that fit the criteria on TM but the prices are abit up there.

Really want to see one up close in person too to make a proper decision.

4 hours ago, e30ftw said:

I'm after one with the N55 and DCT. There are a couple that fit the criteria on TM but the prices are abit up there.

Really want to see one up close in person too to make a proper decision.

Yup, F20 with the N55B30O0/DCT...They're amazing!!... They may seem expensive but you get so much more than you pay for!!

335i's with N55 and DCT do pop up frequently, so if that's what you're after you can get one with a bit of patience. Only the coupe/convertible had the DCT option, not sedan (unlike the M3).
I have one, it's great fun :)

John hit up Kerry he has a 135i. be quick as you know his cars don't sit around unmolested for long.