Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Motor Trend on Demand

I will admit I used to watch Top Gear, sure it was a load of bollocks and factually all over the place but they had fun in cool cars, they were funny, did stuff we would all like to do and  the Stig lapping the track actually gave you some reference points. Well I now think the best Car media, and I use media as TV is no longer the sole option, is Motor Trend on Demand. Now for those that dont want to pay for the monthly fee you can just wait a month or so and it will be on You Tube but I have decided to pay the cash as I am not the most patient person in the world.

Anyhow, what I like about it is that the presenters are pretty well informed, obviously they have some driving talent and they have a bit of BMW content on there. In the last year or so they had M4, M2 E30 Touring, M4 competition pack and M4 GTS. They have also had a run down of the M3 from E30 forward and some really interesting head to head match ups. Jason Camissa is the BMW guy and has an E30 touring that their test driver Randy Pobst lapped Willow Springs nearly as fast as a new 340i. There was also the infamous M4 vs Camaro shootout and the M4 vs M2 comparison. The latest head to Head involved the M3 comp pack vs the AlfA Guilia vs the Cadillac ATSv and the Merc AMG C63. Very interesting, on a track the ATSv the M4 and the Guilia all were within a second or less of each other.  The ATSv was proclaimed as having the best Chassis but the Alfa was the pick. The M3 comp pack was reported as being a lot better than the original M3 and fixed most of the problems that plagued the non comp pack car. As a car guy I really like the show and there is quite a bit of other content including Roadkill which appeals to my DIY roots. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D87tO7VUs2I&list=PLA97180860447EE6A&index=10

Edited by Herbmiester
  • Like 2

I enjoy roadkill, but not enough to pay for it. Those guys seem to get subsidised enough already without charging for content.

Thread dig...

And now Top Gear and Motor Trend are working together.

Anyone else watching the new Top Gear America? Two guys I don't know and the other guy from Ballers but they work okay.

There's nothing serious on the show, it's just comedy drama.

Yeah I still pay for Motortrend and just use my US CC and a VPN.

I watched the first episode but didn't get too pulled into it.  I did find it weird that they would have an Englishman on Top Gear America.

Yeah, but he seems like a very American Englishman!

I mainly watch 'silly / fun' car stuff on Youtube like Carwow / Donut Media / Hoonigan etc

But for genuine quality, Henry Catchpoles Carfection videos are brilliant.

• Like 2

I’m still using it with a vpn. Mostly for roadkill, hot rod garage and dirt everyday. 
will check out the new top gear at some point. 
and good to have the hundred other car shows that are on discovery turbo, and Supercars, and just about every other racing series and all the documentaries and what not. Just need more time to watch it all