Sign in to follow this  
aja540i

E61 M5 bilge pump?

After the weather bomb filled the boot of the wagon with water and seems to have killed 2 modules, I might have to install a bilge pump!! In the meantime I have knocked out the plastic caps that have no ability to let water drain out! Nice one BMW.

It doesnt appear to make any difference.

• Like 3

Not sure, I am drying out the modules then will refit and see what works!

All dried out and back together, seems to be fine, fingers crossed! I will remove the other plasic plug and clean the well properly then give it a coat of cavity wax before I put everything back in. Now I just have to track down where the water is getting in......

Parked facing downhill? Check your sunroof drains and around the roof spoiler. You could claim insurance if you can prove it was a sudden failure 

Have done the sunroof drains, but will check around the spoiler. Parked on the flat, looks like everything has survived after being dried out overnight, some of the modules looked like they had been wet before!!

There's enough scavenging and oil pumps in it already... why isn't the boot pump included as standard???

Maybe it was the 'tard that installed the towbar - perhaps you should have got the one that cost more than most of my cars ;-)

• Like 1

perhaps taillight seals like so many other earlier bmw models?

My E61 leaked around the taillight and killed the entire fekking car for a day. It was the seals between the clear lens and the black plastic of the outer taillight. 

More rubbish BMW quality.