Sign in to follow this  
Joel61

[Q] Where is the radio (ISO) harness in the computer equipt models?

Where is the radio (ISO) harness in the computer equipt models?

I just got my new 330ci 2002 the other day (Upgraded for a 320i) and I just went to switch my head unit over, but I have run into a problem. I can't seem to find the radio wiring harness in this car. 

bYoiC4A.jpg
2Gq62N6.jpg

This is what the connector I am tryting to find looks like
BNfC5aP.png

I should be able to plug this connector from my new head unit into that
6z1d4Fo.png

I cant seem to find that connector.

Can anyone help me out here?

My car has the BMW TV/Nav screen(Actually doesn't have nav in this version)

The radio should be the bottom unit in the boot of your car right hand side.

3 hours ago, allan said:

The radio should be the bottom unit in the boot of your car right hand side.

Found it, but is there a way to get this harness to the front of the car, because right now its in the boot, and on my other 2 E46's (non nav) they are in the front behind the head unit. Is this just an extension to the back or something like that?

l8P1OV1.png

your car has the hi-fi audio system option. The amp is just behind your finger in the pic. The speaker wires go from that plug you are holding to that amp and not to the area in the front that you want. it will take a fair amount of work to either get it working through the amp or by pass it and run a new set of speaker wires throughout the car.. why are you changing the radio? - you can change the radio freq to nz if it is a jap import.. or add aux in/Bluetooth audio if you want that... I have a lot of experience with that set up if you want to call for advice, 0274462763.  Dean

Ps. I have a plenty of the parts you will need if you what to change to an aftermarket head unit... radio mounts, looms etc etc

15 hours ago, Dogballs said:

your car has the hi-fi audio system option. The amp is just behind your finger in the pic. The speaker wires go from that plug you are holding to that amp and not to the area in the front that you want. it will take a fair amount of work to either get it working through the amp or by pass it and run a new set of speaker wires throughout the car.. why are you changing the radio? - you can change the radio freq to nz if it is a jap import.. or add aux in/Bluetooth audio if you want that... I have a lot of experience with that set up if you want to call for advice, 0274462763.  Dean

Hi Dean. I'm going to move my custom android setup from my 320i to this car

What I will end up doing then is just make an extension and run it from the back to the front of the car where it would normally be as this seems like the easiest option. (it's only 16 individual wires) 

Good to see you have a plan then, that's cool.. let me know if you want to sell the redundant modules.. could be keen.. radio, video, phone, monitor etc.. and once again I have heaps of audio looms, coax cables etc which could be handy for your project.. let me know if you need something.. 

cheers

• Like 1

Just an update for anyone interested. I put a radio harness in the back that connected to the old harness then broke out to ISO. then I got a 5m long ISO extension and ran that to the front of the car. This works great and I have had no problems with this and