Sign in to follow this  
charles28

I'm back.. with a BMW finally..

Its been a while, I sold my E39 BMW 530i Motorsport around a year ago, bought a Nissan Skyline 370GT, which I have now traded on a 2007 E60 530i Motorsport (LCI Model)

16357444_10211989689717031_1755773492_o.jpg

16326339_10211990146448449_1011646646_o.jpg

16388630_10211990147608478_200399829_o.jpg

Edited by charles28
added pics
  • Like 5

Great looking car. How does it compare to the 370?

welcome back, Charles!  looks very much like your old one, just, well, newer... #8 )

10 hours ago, KwS said:

Great looking car. How does it compare to the 370?

Totally different cars, hard to compare really, the BMW is a lot more refined and quiet, still rides firmly being a motorsport model, but a good balance between comfort and handling to me. I find the steering better and seats better etc with the E60, at first active steering felt a bit strange but am used to it now.

I would estimate that its a good 20% more economical on fuel than the 370 too, the newer 200kw engine seems fairly good on fuel, although its the N52 version rather than the more economical N53 version.

I never really got attached to the 370 and do not miss it at all now that its gone, had it for just over 1 year and only ran up 10,000ks in it. It was decently fast, but still felt average handling wise when pushing it around corners. 6 Months ago I changed jobs and stopped commuting 80k a day to work and back, that was reduced to 9k a day with the new job, so the BMW will mostly clock up k's on road trips etc

If i feel that I need to drive something quicker I can take the my partners Audi S6 for a thrash, although its the older 2001 model with the 4.2L V8 and is probably not that much quicker in a straight line anyway (No where near as good as the BMW on corners), but has that V8 noise. The Audi feels quite old fashioned and heavy / body roll etc on corners, although i'm sure a newer model S6 would be totally different.

Not a big fan of i-drive, might look at upgrading it from CCC to CIC spec eventually and do my own retrofit.

10 hours ago, Olaf said:

welcome back, Charles!  looks very much like your old one, just, well, newer... #8 )

Thanks, yeah sticking with what I know. 

The old one is probably a more reliable platform overall, but thought an LCI 530i was a safe ish option.

Looks minty....to keep that way beware of parking - bumper on ours has been ripped off multiple times from parking bars......reverse in if you can.