Sign in to follow this  
actletpone

E30 door lock

Have just rebuilt door lock but now it only turns in one direction. The 'arm' circled in the picture below was broken off on the old lock. With the new lock the arm will allow the piece it sits between to slide up but not down from the locks resting position. This means the lock only turn on one direction and does not turn in the direction needed to hit the micro switch. What is the arm and this sliding bit for? Why won't it slide down? (assuming it is meant to)

s3muio.jpg

Hmm I pulled the mechanical locking mechanism out, I understand now, how the arm actuates that piece up or down to lock / unlock the door. Funny thing is the locking cylinder will rotate CCW, and when I pulled the mechanical locking mech out of the door that lever which is actuated by the arm moved up and  down as it should and locked / unlocked the locking mech. However now that it is all back together I still can't rotate the key CCW, meaning I cannot unlock from the drivers door. Pulling the interior lever with the door shut will lock / unlock both front doors and boot. Passenger door and boot also lock / unlock both front doors and boot with key. Rear doors have never worked, have not found out why.