Sign in to follow this  
KiwiTT

What's worse than de-badged BMW

I debadged my 318Ti last night..... I have 2 badges ready to go onto it, just tossing up do I go 316Ti to troll people or do I put the 328 badge on to give people a slight hint at whats under the bonnet?

Good question, I personally would go with the 316Ti badge as I have always loved a good sleeper, can be funny to see the looks on peoples faces when you surprise them with your "racecar in shitbox clothing"

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Good question, I personally would go with the 316Ti badge as I have always loved a good sleeper, can be funny to see the looks on peoples faces when you surprise them with your "racecar in shitbox clothing"

yes, I think those of us in the Welly contingent should chip in and buy a 518i badge for @TermiPeteNZ's M5.  yes, the exhausts and big rubber betray it from behind, but hey...  maybe I should do a 518i badge for my 545i, too!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RedRocketTi said:

I debadged my 318Ti last night..... I have 2 badges ready to go onto it, just tossing up do I go 316Ti to troll people or do I put the 328 badge on to give people a slight hint at whats under the bonnet?

If you want to be accurate, and believed. 316i badge. 316i compacts never wore a Ti badge ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Olaf said:

yes, I think those of us in the Welly contingent should chip in and buy a 518i badge for @TermiPeteNZ's M5.  yes, the exhausts and big rubber betray it from behind, but hey...  maybe I should do a 518i badge for my 545i, too!

Depending on the mods it does become a little bit harder to hide what is underneath, and it would be quite a twist of fate for a real M5 to be badged as a 518i.

You could add an M badge to the 316i for extra added irony.

19 hours ago, EURO V8 said:

Spoitted a W badge in Linwood this evening.IMG_1979.thumb.JPG.0a4455d0957096687812a14af5644573.JPG

So when It rolls over people still know Its a motorsport! ;)

• Like 1

Someone ask me if my m3 badge was the base 3 series. I told them there wasn't  room for a 316i X2 badge, but it was.

Badges mean nothing to many.

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Depending on the mods it does become a little bit harder to hide what is underneath, and it would be quite a twist of fate for a real M5 to be badged as a 518i.

You could add an M badge to the 316i for extra added irony.

I do remember some fellow members of the BMW Drivers Club, lads who lived near me in north london.  They'd picked up an e30 320i 2dr poverty spec in red, for something like a monkey. They decided it'd be good to prep for track days, they both had pretty sharp street drives.  So they badged it 316i, and put hubcaps on it... great laughs were had all round at Castle Combe.  

I think incorrectly re badging and not doing anything about it is worse.

An e39 and an e60 M5 for the price of one. 

The very rare 523i M5 LOL it's even on carjam that way.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1319154400.htm

The 550i M5, you would think a car sales would know better.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1277147209.htm

Don't think it's an M-sport badge upside down, reckon it's code for WannaCry. It started by accident in the electronics of a BMW, cos lets face it these cars all make us WannaCry at some stage. 

I had small STI stickers on the sills of my Evo 6.5 for shits and giggles. I also had 21lbs of boost if anyone wanted to give me sh*t.

One thing that gets me is people who use the wrong era ///M badge (or any badge for that matter). Like the curved e46 ///M used on e36's. Nup, just wrong.

• Like 1

Some of the younger lads I know told me to put an M badge on the 335i, No just NOOOO!

21 minutes ago, Herbmiester said:

Some of the younger lads I know told me to put an M badge on the 335i, No just NOOOO!

much better to add a prancing moose badge, I reckon.  Never did get around to buying some for my 855-T5.

B3.jpg

• Like 4

Prancing Moose that is pure gold, if I had a Volvo I would have that badge

• Like 1

On 2/6/2017 at 8:44 PM, Allanw said:

Vw Tourans came with  1.4, 1.6 or 2.0's (petrol), so I thought about putting 2x 1.6 badges on... because mine is a 3.2 now :D

Put a 316 badge with a superscript 2 on it 316Ti²

• Like 1

That works, very subtle and cool.

Olaf, what year(s) did you go to Castle Coombe with the drivers club, I was there a couple of years?

Jon, it would have been 2001.  hard to beleive it's nearly 16 years I've gone from Londinium.

Yeah time flies eh, I think I was there that year as well. Was it the time the young lad put his E30 M3 into the tyres and did quite a bit of damage?

back on topic, it was a real M3 and not just a badge!!

I remember talking to a bloke who turned his e36 into a mower on the infield, he was trying to understand what went wrong for him; there was a bloke with a very well-sorted dark blue e30 325i touring who was doing power slides in the wet all down the front straight.  Tons of seriously cool cars in the carpark, including my not ready for tack abuse alpineweiss e30 325i Touring.