Sign in to follow this  
My545

New to the group, in Dunedin

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:23 AM, kulgan said:

I like it. Great color and I'm thinking those wheels would look nice on a E38..lol

Do you want them, rides pretty harsh although sticks to the road like poo to a blanket. Although one big speeding ticket in so can't push it now for two years!!! thinking about some 18' DTM M6 rims from Hyper drive, get some height back in the side wall and some smooth ride back.

18" or 19" is good on the e60. you can pick up style 123s like mine cheap but you should prob go for some BBS style wheels or some e60 Motorsport wheels if you can wait for them to show up.

Crap on the ticket ? 

Spotted this the other week, looks great as is, but I guess sometimes function does need to over come form....but I'm yet to learn that for myself haha!

4 minutes ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

18" or 19" is good on the e60. you can pick up style 123s like mine cheap but you should prob go for some BBS style wheels or some e60 Motorsport wheels if you can wait for them to show up.

Crap on the ticket ? 

Yea I like Motorsport rims, you not like the DTM M6 rims? I found a pic of a black E60 with them on, looked good. Or is it because they're knock offs/ not as good a quality?

Had a laugh before when I saw a post you made in October about not buying an M5 as you needed to get your moneys worth out the 545i, LOL too good a deal aye? fair enough too, I would if I could. Is the M5 the one on trademe listed a few times and the owner was also selling on here etc seemed like he had to sell vs wanted to sell?

4 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Crap on the ticket ? 

Fair cob on the ticket, my brother in law's a cop so no malice and they're doing their effing job, was disillusioned and wondering why we bother buying these cars we can't really drive properly, got a mate with two Porsches and he must be in agony driving.

Edited by My545

8 minutes ago, euroriffic said:

Spotted this the other week, looks great as is, but I guess sometimes function does need to over come form....but I'm yet to learn that for myself haha!

Yea cheers, nice to see a local face, well profile. We'll see how much I want to spend on function v's the current form;-) do like these wheels. Had thought if I could sell these Niches for roughly the cost of some nice 18's it might be worth doing. Will see how much my rough running issues set me back too.

1 hour ago, My545 said:

Yea I like Motorsport rims, you not like the DTM M6 rims? I found a pic of a black E60 with them on, looked good. Or is it because they're knock offs/ not as good a quality?

Had a laugh before when I saw a post you made in October about not buying an M5 as you needed to get your moneys worth out the 545i, LOL too good a deal aye? fair enough too, I would if I could. Is the M5 the one on trademe listed a few times and the owner was also selling on here etc seemed like he had to sell vs wanted to sell?

I hadn't looked at the DTMs - and yes they do look good :) 

Yes the M5 was a very good deal - the seller has a number of performance vehicles and other priorities came up so it made sense for him. As he has also explained on the other thread he is also planning for his next experience and an E39 M5 looks like candidate #1 :D 

I totally wrestled with the purchase - 'Sensible Pete' vs 'Live life like you meant it Pete' :wacko: Guess who won!!!

1 hour ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

I hadn't looked at the DTMs - and yes they do look good :) 

Yes the M5 was a very good deal - the seller has a number of performance vehicles and other priorities came up so it made sense for him. As he has also explained on the other thread he is also planning for his next experience and an E39 M5 looks like candidate #1 :D 

I totally wrestled with the purchase - 'Sensible Pete' vs 'Live life like you meant it Pete' :wacko: Guess who won!!!

Nice, it's a constant battle we have, even I had it between the reliable barely missed a beat Maxima or a European V8!! even now I'm looking at ways I could maybe get into the M5 down here, I emailed him saying I was a tyre kicker and keen for a blat if he was up to it, he said while as fun as that maybe he doesn't have time...

Sam, to be fair ownership of an M car is a committment well beyond mere everyday BMWs... if you're concerned about e60 V8 costs don't even drive an M5, really.  You need to be able to grin, roll a mouthful of single malt around your mouth, and casually toss over your platinum card when you've read the bill for your brake job.  It's not that the rotors are made of unobtanium, but they are another hike up again (being floating rotors), and so it costs a bit more, everywhere.  Oil Change, again, not just 7 litres of 5W40 Penrite from Supsacheap, it's Castrol BMW oil for the v10.

If it's any consolation my scottish heritage has not allowed me to boldly stride into the ranks of M car owners, though it could happen in future.

The Maximas are good long-termers, and *usually* don't cost too much... now you're gaining some of those memorable driving experiences for some of the attendant heartache that comes from having a '10' on your arm.

I was just talking to our offspring earlier, and they were recalling some of our earlier family road trips in our old Maxima.

HTH

7 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Sam, to be fair ownership of an M car is a committment well beyond mere everyday BMWs... if you're concerned about e60 V8 costs don't even drive an M5, really.  You need to be able to grin, roll a mouthful of single malt around your mouth, and casually toss over your platinum card when you've read the bill for your brake job.  It's not that the rotors are made of unobtanium, but they are another hike up again (being floating rotors), and so it costs a bit more, everywhere.  Oil Change, again, not just 7 litres of 5W40 Penrite from Supsacheap, it's Castrol BMW oil for the v10.

If it's any consolation my scottish heritage has not allowed me to boldly stride into the ranks of M car owners, though it could happen in future.

The Maximas are good long-termers, and *usually* don't cost too much... now you're gaining some of those memorable driving experiences for some of the attendant heartache that comes from having a '10' on your arm.

I was just talking to our offspring earlier, and they were recalling some of our earlier family road trips in our old Maxima.

HTH

Good points, well put Olaf.

11 hours ago, My545 said:

I emailed him saying I was a tyre kicker and keen for a blat if he was up to it, he said while as fun as that maybe he doesn't have time...

sorry forgot to mention this earlier.  You weren't expecting such a keen 'the money's burning a hole in my pocket and I've just gotta buy your car' approach to result in a test drive, surely?  Ten points for honesty, though! ;)