Sign in to follow this  
m325i

Wiper judder

Hi, 

I have an issue with my wipers 'juddering'. I am using the Bosch 'evo' flat blades and the drivers side seems to 'pop out' of the clip piece in the arm. #9 below. 

It's a 'new' issue, and the clip doesn't look broken. 

I put the wiper 'back in' but after a half dry wipe it is enough resistance to pull the blade out, and then you get judder again. 

Any help/suggestions? (Rather not go back to the old style wiper as these used to work fine?)

Capture.JPG

Edited by m325i

uncertain.  I've just put the Evo's on my volvo after 2 years with Repco euro-type blades, no issue.  Mind you, I had replaced wiper arm with new part to get correct pressure.

On my e46 I'm using the BMW blades (clamp-down in same way as the Bosch Evo's on my Ovlov), no issue whatsoever.  I'm unsure as to why yours are releasing; sorry I have no additional info.

Old rubber does this. 

Dirty glass doesnt help either. 

It also depends how much downward pressure your wiper arms have, perhaps try replacing the spring arm assemblies, as they might have become weak over the years. 

New wiper arms, blades, polish the glass, rainx added 

Should be ok!