Sign in to follow this  
Ian

New Member in Arrowtown

After a gap of many yrs since my last BMW, have just purchased a 2002 NZ new 530i Motorsport, 1 owner. Looking foward to attending to some cosmetic matters...anyone near to me is welcome to offer advice! Cheers.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 3

Thanks...yes lots to love about this area...plus some magic driving roads not clogged by traffic (mostly!)

Looking for a RH fog light surround, anyone (motorsport bumper/light)?

Ian

welcome to the forum, Ian.  love to see some images of your e39.

My brother had an '02 530i motorsport from new, it was a beaut car.  Fond memories.

Got much space in Arrowtown for parking?  There could be a road trip contingient to visit our more southern members!? ;)

You should fnd plenty of assistance round here, a good number have had - or still run - e39s, and many of the Msport variety.

again, Welcome!

• Like 1

Only down side is whenever I visit, I fly down so can't bring any of my cars haha

On ‎4‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, Ian said:

After a gap of many yrs since my last BMW, have just purchased a 2002 NZ new 530i Motorsport, 1 owner. Looking foward to attending to some cosmetic matters...anyone near to me is welcome to offer advice! Cheers.

Need some pics! :)

Just been for a quick visit to the Cardrona Hotel over the Crown Range....BMW country!!!

Will take picks of my car as soon as I have attended to the cosmetic issues...call me fussy!

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Just been for a quick visit to the Cardrona Hotel over the Crown Range....BMW country!!!

Will take picks of my car as soon as I have attended to the cosmetic issues...call me fussy!

After seven years in Queenstown I know the drive and fun you had, looking forward to stretching the legs of my E60 up central soon.

I drove the crown range in my e46 back in october, nice flowing road. and some great scenery to boot.  ++recommended.

You guys are all sof tee's :P it's all sealed and smooth now. Was way more exciting when it was grave plus counting the rabbits and hairs sprinting off the road as you rounded the corners dust trailing behind.Then reaching the top and looking out over the valley then taking on those hairpin bends dropping some mtrs in a short distance. That part of central is indeed beautiful in the Autumn and welcome Ian

yes, I was denied the opportunity to drive it back when it was unsealed.

Last time I drove it unsealed, I found a tourist slid off the road down a bank sitting on the boot of his rental car calling a tow truck.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Tomorrow its thru the Haast with clients then over Arthurs' Pass to ChCh. 

Usually for this work I am given an ex Ministerial 730iL...but tomorrow its a Holden Caprice, so shall just have to suck it up!!!

No doubt ignorant campervan drivers and Chinese in rentals overtaking on blind corners will be on the agenda!!!!

On 2/26/2017 at 3:24 PM, Ian said:

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Tomorrow its thru the Haast with clients then over Arthurs' Pass to ChCh. 

Usually for this work I am given an ex Ministerial 730iL...but tomorrow its a Holden Caprice, so shall just have to suck it up!!!

how's the ex-ministerial 730?  got any pics?

The 730ilD is a cruiser which is fine for what it is designed for...but it reinforces how good my E39 motorsport is thru the twisties! You are always aware that it is a large car, while the 530 often makes you think it is a small car, if that makes any sense?

Since the purchase I have replaced the fog lights/surrounds, fitted aheavy duty towbar, new windscreen, new w/screen rubbers (goldplated ones courtesy of JGBMW!!), repaired the CD changer and priced to have the front end repainted....

Then it will be time for some pics....

• Like 1