Sign in to follow this  
HaNs

Anyone got m52 cam locking tools- Vanos rebuild

Looking to rebuild my vanos, does anyone have the locking tools i can borrow?

Is the tool strictly necessary? I am looking to do this and every video I watch, or guide I read says "be careful, don't touch the camshafts and you should be ok."

What I'm doing is buying a head from a dead engine on trademe to try it before doing it on my own car. :)

9 hours ago, Gabe79 said:

Is the tool strictly necessary? I am looking to do this and every video I watch, or guide I read says "be careful, don't touch the camshafts and you should be ok."

What I'm doing is buying a head from a dead engine on trademe to try it before doing it on my own car. :)

Its $68 USD on ECS so might just buy one haha. Going to build a engine later this year so im sure it will be used

Just ordered one, im sure i will need it one day...my top end in quite noisy but not 100% sure its vanos.

I have the Vanos Adjustment Wrench and the Alignment Set (didn't come with the crank locking pin but i managed without). I tried using a set of Slip Jaws for the rotation of the exhaust sprocket but failed miserably and bit the bullet.