Sign in to follow this  
Ace Of Spades

E30 sway bars

Whats peoples opinions on them? eg IE or HnR

Wanting the wagon to handle flat out hill climbs and also be drive able on the street.

Car also has more weight in under the bonnet -_-

IE do a 25mm hollow front say bar which combined with the M3-type strut tabs and raised mounting position should keep the car flat.
You'll need to upgrade mounting points (additional bracing), suspension generally and certainly tyres.

I think the rear is more of an issue with the Touring than the front, that is my view having followed the one that races in the BMW Series for a few laps.

Not sure if the touring has a rear sway as standard...? I do believe that the sway bar from the sedan / coupe should fit in the touring, so that could be a good place to start.

I have seen lots of good reviews on the IE saw bars, but I can't recall any being specifically in a Touring. If they have got a matched F/R pair for the T then that would be a good bet as I would suggest a lot of the benefit is in gettting the balance right between the two ends.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
  • Like 1

Cheers guys!

Jon I believe you are correct from what I have been reading. The car has xyz coils and poly bushes but very undecided on which brand to use. 

The IE kits look great on paper, also the kit from vac looks good but again its more focused on the sedan so again I may be stuck with buying them separately. 

Any other brands? Is Evan at speed factor still a sponsor?