Sign in to follow this  
Stevie S

Ethanol

Ran my first tank of Ethanol on the weekend in my 335i. That stuff is the business. I was supposed to be running the 1/4 at mere mere for a corporate day but it got rained out. The car is way more responsive and pulls a lot harder ( on the appropriate tune) . Highly recommend.

Is this e85, or completely different?

Edited by zero

5 minutes ago, zero said:

yes using E85 mixed with 98 pump 

17 minutes ago, zero said:

yes using E85 mixed with 98 pump 

Installed new fuel lines with Ethanol sensor and bluetooth dongle , it send s to an app on my phone showing the E% in my tank

20170216_151002.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3

The yanks rave about ethanol, sadly i never see for sale in Wellington. With your wedge tune did you have to send them any data or was it off the shelf? Also does the tune adapt based on the level of ethanol?

1 hour ago, Herbmiester said:

The yanks rave about ethanol, sadly i never see for sale in Wellington. With your wedge tune did you have to send them any data or was it off the shelf? Also does the tune adapt based on the level of ethanol?

Started with OTS, then went with custom map. Yeah have to send logs back for adjustment. Tunes are not self adapting yet, but the work are motion with MHD. Logging is the hardest part finding a long straight quiet road in Auckland where you can do a full rev pull in third isn't easy

On 2/24/2017 at 4:37 PM, thorburn said:

where do you get the ethanol compatible fuel hose?

Fuel-it.biz

• Like 1

I would like to do this on my e46 project. Do you know if our plastic fuel tanks are compatible with e85?

I will change the lines of course, but wondered if there is anything else that will need changing?

Will my fuel pump and fuel filter be okay?

Quite a difference eh steve on E40 vs 98 maps, just wait till you run the E60 OTS/custom map - that TQ curve :D

I got the kit a few months ago from Fuel -IT as well , pretty bummed out the new flex fuel system on the MHD side uses another ethanol sensor - apparently the fuel-it won't work with the kit :(

Just bear in mind on the 335i - you can run 30/40 mix with the stock LPFP (low pressure fuel pump) - if you want to run more on the stock turbos/upgraded turbos , you will need to get at least a stage2 LPFP from Fuel-it

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 11:54 PM, jake1829 said:

Quite a difference eh steve on E40 vs 98 maps, just wait till you run the E60 OTS/custom map - that TQ curve :D

I got the kit a few months ago from Fuel -IT as well , pretty bummed out the new flex fuel system on the MHD side uses another ethanol sensor - apparently the fuel-it won't work with the kit :(

Just bear in mind on the 335i - you can run 30/40 mix with the stock LPFP (low pressure fuel pump) - if you want to run more on the stock turbos/upgraded turbos , you will need to get at least a stage2 LPFP from Fuel-it

I have the stage 2 bucketless so will give the e60 a try. How did your HPFP look running the e60 ?