Sign in to follow this  
dirty36

E36 central locking

When I lock my car from the drivers door it will only lock the drivers door and right rear but nothing in the passenger side, when I lock from the passenger side door it will lock all four. So my question is what part of the central locking system sends the signal from the drivers side lock to the passenger doors. Cheers.

28 minutes ago, dirty36 said:

When I lock my car from the drivers door it will only lock the drivers door and right rear but nothing in the passenger side, when I lock from the passenger side door it will lock all four. So my question is what part of the central locking system sends the signal from the drivers side lock to the passenger doors. Cheers.

LOL

Sounds familiar.

On Miss M's car, the right rear door almost always locks independently of the other 3. I have to manually raise and lower the locking pin.
The other three doors normally lock from the driver's door.
Unlocking... The drivers door unlocks. Sometimes the others do to. Sometimes, unlock the drivers door, open it, shut it again and then the other doors unlock. (Except the right rear.) Sometimes, once the drivers door is unlocked, insert the key in the ignition, turn to po=sition 2, press the button on the key fob and then the doors unlock. (And the immobiliser disables.)

The boot seems unaffected.

All doors do lock. It's just that it can be a bit of a dance.

It's been suggested that it is the DME (I think) that is the problem. I'm pretty sure the drivers door lock is also duff.

• Like 1

Found this. Don't know if it'll help - I've not had time to read it yet.

E36 central locking.pdf