Sign in to follow this  
Preey

FS 2003 330i E46

Selling my e46, well maintained, have owned it for app 18 months

NZ new, 3 owners, new w.o.f.

all maintenance up to scratch, in very good condition all round.

Recent Bridgestone Potenzas, Varta battery. used Motul 8100 excess since I've had it.

Relocating overseas for work. 

175000klms

All books included

$8000

Call 02041250652

email;  preeycind@gmail.com

IMG_20150428_091844.jpg

IMG_20170213_124406[3].jpg

IMG_20170213_170319[1].jpg

IMG_20170213_170107[1].jpg

Edited by Preey
Contact info
  • Like 2

Click on your name and edit your profile or just put it on your add... you can remove it when you like

I'm getting notifications of your replies on an old email address that Bimmersport must have from when I joined?

Nothing about email contact in my profile.

Looks like it's not enabled.... people can private message you though if they are interested. Be safer than putting you email add out there though. Your choice

Bugger, would have loved to buy your 330, but I just bought a 1996 328i yesterday. I sold my 2005 NZ New E46 330i nearly a year ago, and at 111000km and all in top notch condition, I could only get $8500 for my 330. I'm still upset that I had to sell it. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, viskop said:

Bugger, would have loved to buy your 330, but I just bought a 1996 328i yesterday. I sold my 2005 NZ New E46 330i nearly a year ago, and at 111000km and all in top notch condition, I could only get $8500 for my 330. I'm still upset that I had to sell it. Good luck.

Yeah, great cars, it's been my baby for a while and feel sad about selling it, but I can't take it to China, steering wheels on the wrong side....lol.

I've got all the receipts for work I've had done, never had a problem with it, but got a check done when I bought it and everything on the list was fixed.

• Like 1

Just now, Preey said:

Yeah, great cars, it's been my baby for a while and feel sad about selling it, but I can't take it to China, steering wheels on the wrong side....lol.

I've got all the receipts for work I've had done, never had a problem with it, but got a check done when I bought it and everything on the list was fixed.

You mean, the steering is on the right side, it is the Chinese whose steering wheels are on the wrong side. :D

4 minutes ago, viskop said:

You mean, the steering is on the right side, it is the Chinese whose steering wheels are on the wrong side. :D

Yep true, never driven there, but we all know the problems this anomaly causes here for Chinese drivers.

• Like 1

Well, seems I should have listened to the BMW knockers, this well maintained beauty is not even worth the same as a Ford Focus with more Klms. It can go to the wreckers.

Nice car but not to burst your bubble these are not an 8k vehicle anymore.

If you need to sell relatively quickly you may need to drop your price. A hard pill to swallow but could take a year to sell in the current market if you don't. 

• Like 1

I hear what you say, but look on Trade Me, at what you can buy for $8000, I know how much I've enjoyed this car

and how much I've spent to keep things right, (around $4500 in the last year and a half) I'm valuing it on what it is 

and how it drives.

Rather sell it to a wrecker than sell it for peanuts so that some young guy can buy it and turn it into a thrash car!

Unfortunately how much you spend doesn't correlate with how much the car is worth. It's a sad fact of a owning any car, particularly a BMW. E.g. If I bought $1500 worth of tyres for my e28, it's not going to be worth $1500 more, maybe $500. Same goes for other maintenance items, you can't really pass the cost of oil changes onto the next seller (however you could claim it's well maintained and charge more).

Maintenance history aside, it is a 4 door non-motorsport auto that's closer to 200k km than 150k. 
It isn't worth 8k in the current market, 6-6.5 at the most.

It's a nice car but unfortunately it isn't the most desirable spec. 8k would have been viable a couple of years ago but e46 prices have dropped dramatically (aside from manual cars) in the past couple of years.

Edited by Rubix
  • Like 1

It's about value for money for me, not about adding on maintenance, as Eliongater points out, the car is well maintained and been looked after as a BMW should be.

It's obvious that there is no value in second hand BMWs anymore. I put it on Trade Me at $6500 starting price ad didn't get a bid. Buyers will go to a dealer and pay over $10.000 for these, why? Warranty which you can buy cheaper than a dealer will charge? Finance which anyone with a good credit rating can get cheaper at a bank?

Of course I am disheartened with the whole BMW experience now, 

You'll not find anyone going to a dealer and paying $10k for an e46 anything, unless it's an M3!  You mentioned receiving no bids at $6500 on Trademe... why would you think anyone wants to pay $8k for it, based on your earlier experience?  

I should like to point out that your perspective is at odds with selling *anything*.  You state "it's about value for money for me, not about adding on maintenance..."  Actually it's about the perception of value that your potential purchaser gains while considering your car.  In this case, it's about what they're prepared to pay, rather than what you think about its value.

You speak of "no value in secondhand BMWs".  They're not an investment, they're a mobile liability like any other car.  Disheartened on the whole BMW experience?  That's all down to your perspective.  Try a different lens!

I wish you luck in gaining the price you seek.  It's a very tidily presented 330i.   

GLWS.

• Like 3

Trade Me listing   #: 1267045950

I believe this is an E46, later year less Klms but note the price, is this worth twice what mine is?

23 minutes ago, Preey said:

Trade Me listing   #: 1267045950

I believe this is an E46, later year less Klms but note the price, is this worth twice what mine is?

Sorry, I was not trying to offend with my previous post as I for one hate when someone hi jacks/under values a vehicle for sale ad of mine.

The car you indicate is an E90 and priced at $13,500

Double your asking price is 16k.

World's apart in all aspects.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3 SERIES said:

Sorry, I was not trying to offend with my previous post as I for one hate when someone hi jacks/under values a vehicle for sale ad of mine.

The car you indicate is an E90 and priced at $13,500

Double your asking price is 16k.

World's apart in all aspects.

Well I'm not sure that the E90 is better than the E46, from what mechanics have told me when working on mine, the E46 is the better of the two models.

No need to apologize, I took no offence, according to others who have replied, I am wrongly valuing my car.. However I'm not sure that just because a BMW is an M-sport,  necessarily makes it a better buy, they seem to be popular with the younger thrash drivers and can be big trouble at this age and mileage. I'm 68 and drive conservatively.

Of course this discussion is irrelevant and as Olaf pointed out, the price is entirely dependent on what someone will pay.

It is sad though that caring for these cars adds no future value? 

As a "younger thrash driver", I can assure you the Motorsport variant is much nicer to drive, no matter what speed you travel at. This is why they are sought after.

If you sell to a wrecker, it will be cheaply. In which case, they will just flick it on with their own markup. Where then does that leave your gesture?

• Like 1

My point exactly. As a self confessed "thrash" driver, the "M" package would be to your liking. For me however, the softer ride and "less to go wrong" options are more attractive, especially when buying an older car.

But it's all subjective, I've got what I've got and enjoy driving it. 

been reading these comments on what the vehicle is worth and I am in agreement with most of you guys! A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I just picked up a one owner NZ new 03 330i with 67 kms on it with full Jerry Clayton service history and even preventative maintenance items done for only $4.5 k. It is also non m sport with full leather interior in black and black exterior as well. Previous owner was an over the top person so he got paint protection done etc and Pirelli tyres just a month ago So I feel 8 k is way too much for this vehicle given the kms and spec. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kopua Cowboy said:

As a "younger thrash driver", I can assure you the Motorsport variant is much nicer to drive, no matter what speed you travel at. This is why they are sought after.

If you sell to a wrecker, it will be cheaply. In which case, they will just flick it on with their own markup. Where then does that leave your gesture?

agreed