Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

Written off E34 M5 3.8

I wonder what it will sell for, 15k maybe? It would have some rare parts that would be worth a bit.

That's tragic :-(

e34 M5 near the top of my buy list if I win lotto...

Just now, Contrails said:

@eliongater Not just the Engine, but those E34 M5 brakes would be another good swap. 

All of the running gear would be :wub:

• Like 2

How much did that white m5 go for a while back?

Edited by eliongater
Got the wrong car...

A pity. But whom ever buys it would most likely make another M5 out of all the parts.

The M spirit will live on! 

• Like 2

I would have thought something like that would have been worth fixing? E34 M5 is pretty uncommon.

Looks buckled - hit left front but drivers door appears not to close.

• Like 1

This vehicle is in Washdyke Timaru but the auction is in Wiri Auckland. Could cost the new owner a few bucks to get it transported unless they live close by.

Looks to have taken quite a hit, especially if its bent. I reckon that's not bad for an early 90's but 80's designed and developed vehicle. Could the same be said about the equivalent local/Japanese models? :D 

Just now, NZ BMW said:

"Some repairs carried out, including engine replacement." :o

Yeah, that was scary reading, though explains why the engine looks brand new

12 minutes ago, eliongater said:

Yeah, that was scary reading, though explains why the engine looks brand new

Scary Reading?  how about:

"Odometer
32,163 KM Showing"

it's not like she's pregnant, guv.  "ohhhh, you're 23 weeks darling and barely showing!"

I dunno, these auctioneers will do anything for a laff.

Not nearly as desirable as the e34 anyhow :wub:

• Like 3

That late model one would be an awesome score for parts if a wrecker got it cheap enough

17 hours ago, treone said:

Looks to have taken quite a hit, especially if its bent. I reckon that's not bad for an early 90's but 80's designed and developed vehicle. Could the same be said about the equivalent local/Japanese models? :D 

Answers in order:

1. Yes

2. Agreed

3. Hell no!

I'd already gotten a taste for BMW as the e30 was first released; I still remember getting a short drive in a (UK import) 323i in early '83... and when I saw a head-on accident in Wellington CBD between an e30 and a HiAce courier van that left the courier van a steaming smoking write-off, and the doors still opened and closed on the e30, I was impressed.  I had an A32 Maxima for a while, I'd not have wanted to hit anything in that!

More recently on some of the family weekend trips I've taken in the last year, we've driven past accidents with the meatwagon still in attendance, often a compact Japanese or Korean hatchback where there's no longer a back seat area.   I look at my wife and say "that's why we're spending more than we'd like servicing these euros.  I'd never forgive myself if we'd made a conscious decision to drive something small, light, and built to a (small) budget, and one of the family was seriously injured in an accident.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Answers in order:

1. Yes

2. Agreed

3. Hell no!

I'd already gotten a taste for BMW as the e30 was first released; I still remember getting a short drive in a (UK import) 323i in early '83... and when I saw a head-on accident in Wellington CBD between an e30 and a HiAce courier van that left the courier van a steaming smoking write-off, and the doors still opened and closed on the e30, I was impressed.  I had an A32 Maxima for a while, I'd not have wanted to hit anything in that!

More recently on some of the family weekend trips I've taken in the last year, we've driven past accidents with the meatwagon still in attendance, often a compact Japanese or Korean hatchback where there's no longer a back seat area.   I look at my wife and say "that's why we're spending more than we'd like servicing these euros.  I'd never forgive myself if we'd made a conscious decision to drive something small, light, and built to a (small) budget, and one of the family was seriously injured in an accident.

You're comparing a compact hatch with a 5 series?

You know how crumple zones work, eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palazzo said:

You're comparing a compact hatch with a 5 series?

I'm comparing a modern 5 star rated small hatchback with a twenty+ year old 'designed in the 80's' vehicle. (edit) with little in the way of 'active safety'.

1 minute ago, KwS said:

You know how crumple zones work, eh?

Yes, of course.  In the recent small Japanese and Korean instances I've seen, the crumple zones acted in such a way that there was no space left for a living occupant.  Think rear hatch - whole left rear passenger space - compacted into the front passenger's seat.  Only Harry Potter or Scotty at the controls of the transport beam could escape that vehicle/accident unscathed.  

Edited by Olaf