Sign in to follow this  
wrs

** SOLD ** For Sale - E36 D1 Racing Clutch (Clutch Plate + Pressure Plate)

I purchased this clutch as part of a NZAD D1 Racing Clutch kit which also came with a flywheel.

It was fitted between a M50B30 stroker engine (M54B30 crank) and a S6S-420G gearbox. It's done less than 3000km.

This combination did not work with clutch engagement only mm off the floor and crunchy gear changes very regularly due to improper disengagement. I put a standard S50 clutch plate and pressure plate in instead and haven't had any issues since. I'm still using the light flywheel that came in the D1 kit - it seems ok with the only issue being no TDC alignment hole!! I quite like what the light flywheel does for the way it revs. It does make the gearbox rattle like crazy when hot and at idle though.

Other members here have sucsessfully used this same kit with the 5 speed boxes but I'm selling this assuming it might not work.

The clutch worked ok, just incorrect engagement in my setup.

I'm looking for any offer of $50+ as I just want to move it on and not toss it in the bin. If you want it make me a silly offer - $50 will do + you pay the freight. I live in Napier so ask what the courier cost will be. I'm offering it to members here first and will put on TM if there's no interest.

20170301_215237.jpg

20170301_215316.jpg

Edited by wrs
Been Sold

What size is it and is it either m20 or m30 fitment?

Sorry, this is a 240mm type for M50/S50/M52/S52 - original fitting was to an E36 M3 3.2 Evo + 6 Speed. The photo shows type MF 240..

I'm not sure what m20 / m30 fitment is...

Edited by wrs

Hi Warren, I have basically zero knowledge/understanding of all the information you mentioned above, so I will ask a few questions, if you don't mind answering in layman's terms. :-)

First my update: I bought a 1996 E36 328i auto and plan to convert to manual, so I believe my BMW is an M52. My questions:

1. I assume this is a full clutch kit? If not, what else will I need to buy (excluding your item) to get a full clutch kit?

2. Does this clutch still work?

3. Shipping to Wellington (if all above is positively answered)?

PS - I'll only see your reply late tomorrow evening (Friday evening), due to my working hours.

Appreciate your time.

Charl

Edited by viskop

It's not a full clutch kit - not for $50 (a genuine M3 clutch kit is up round $1k). Usually a full kit will have the spigot bearing and release bearing - these are missing and you would need to source.

The clutch did work but didn't suit the configuration I was using. I know other people here have successfully used this clutch with a ZF box. - I was not using a ZF box...

Shipping to Wellington would be $20 max.

If you want to do a manual conversion and have no knowledge about what's required I'd recommend buying a full conversion kit of a member here or off TM.

• Like 1

Thanks for the inquiries - now sold....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wrs said:

Thanks for the inquiries - now sold....

All good, lucky Brent. :)

Thanks though for your time and reply, Warren.