Sign in to follow this  
qube

E87 130i Alpine White

After selling the E91 and driving the E39 for a while I felt like I needed something a bit newer again and had my sights set on a 135i coupe, looking for the perfect one to pop up. But it was always either not quite right and or a bit too expensive.

Then I stumbled across this E87 130i hatchback 2010 automatic and couldn't say no to the lovely 6 cylinder engine so pulled the trigger.

Picked it up completely stock and have already started the mods like new wheels (Work Japan 18x8.5), debadged and black grilles etc.

Huge list of things I want to do on it but so far very happy with the car and will be replacing the E39 as my daily.

20170307_082504.jpg

20170307_082524.jpg

20170304_153326.jpg

20170304_153504.jpg

• Like 7

Nice. I have one of these on the wish list for next car - thinking blue with 6 speed manual.

• Like 3

want to do the shark fin mod eventually but planning to wrap the roof black so havent quite decided on the colour etc for the fin. might just grab a stubby aerial first but they are like $10-20 on trademe but $2 on ebay.. lol

Went out for a photoshoot with a couple friends, here are some good ones :ph34r:

mmexport1490359453244.jpg

mmexport1490359526822.jpg

mmexport1490359597009.jpg

mmexport1490359564633.jpg

• Like 2

doing a bit of light-painting eh, Kyu? Nice work.  I like the setups with the Scooby, with Aucks in the background.  The security fencing's not nearly as sexy. ;)

PS - that's one ice-cool 130i.  Those Work wheels are superb.

Edited by Olaf
ice-cool
  • Like 1

Thanks olaf haha. It was first time doing the light painting and it was hard to get even coverage etc but had a heap of fun doing it. Really interesting stuff.

That sti is a pretty wicked car, putting out about 330hp. 

Work wheels suit the car quite nicely I think but I would like to paint them bronze hmmmm

On 3/25/2017 at 9:41 AM, qube said:

Work wheels suit the car quite nicely I think but I would like to paint them bronze hmmmm

Do it - the lines of the wheels are lost with black and JDM bronze is the go.....

I have something else in my mind now :) will happen sometime in the next couple of weeks