Sign in to follow this  
Kaz

E30 windscreen wipers won't turn off!

Hi guys,

Having a little problem where my windscreen wipers won't turn off no matter what position the leaver is in! For a while my windscreen wipers would only work when I pulled the leaver in (to squirt the windscreen). When I was getting some work done to it, the mechanic bumped the paddle by the steering wheel and now they won't turn off unless I remove the fuse. If it's worth mentioning, any position in the leaver has it on the medium constant speed (including off and intermission). When I pull it forwards to squirt the window they go into the fastest setting while the leavers held forward.

I've tried replacing the fuse. I've swapped out the wiper relay with one from my other e30 and that doesn't help. I've also swapped over the full leaver by the steering wheel and nothing changes from that too. Both the relay and leaver worked fine in my other E30 as well so it can't be them.

Anyone had a similar issue before? Or could point me in the direction of what to check next?

35 minutes ago, BM WORLD said:

wiper motor ?

They're running constantly so that's definitely working! Could there be a problem with it if it won't turn off?

Faulty park switch in the motor

2 hours ago, hotwire said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try pull it out and clean it up to see if that helps, if not will replace!

20 hours ago, hotwire said:

21 hours ago, BM WORLD said:

wiper motor ?

Swapped motors over with one I know worked out of my Black E30 and still having the problem of it not turning off. I also put the original motor (from the Gray E30 that is having the problems of it not stopping) into the Black E30 and worked fine there.

Any other options?

did you swap the wiper /washer module ?? long black box , also check the spade sockets underneath mae sure they haven't dropped down etc

Just now, BM WORLD said:

did you swap the wiper /washer module ?? long black box , also check the spade sockets underneath mae sure they haven't dropped down etc

The one in the fuse box? Yeah I swapped that one over too. Will double check the connectors. Removing it stopped them so I assume that's connecting as it should though.

I guess the only other thing that could be causing it a dodgy wire somewhere?

• Like 1