Sign in to follow this  
crabstick

e61 stereo stopped working

Ok so I have a strange issue with the e61 stereo. I took a trip to a customers place, radio worked all the way there, listened to the cd stacker most of the way, when I restarted the car , the reverse camera works, , the bmw logo appears but the radio never comes up.. the idrive knob still has force feedback but the screen appears to just reboot every few mins.. have checked fuses and they appear to be ok

Some research I have done says I need to find/replace the mpm module, but I can't find it.. 

car is a 2005 jap import m sport 530i wagon.  About to sell the car as I need a 4wd ute so really want to get it sorted before the sale. 

Cheers 

Just now, qube said:

test the battery voltage

Will do however I had just driven 75kms and the car normally bleats at any low voltage issues so I suspect that is not the cause, will check anyway as I know they are sensitive to it.. 

no voltage issue that i can see, 12.8v at rest, 13.4 with the car running. 

Pull all of the crap out of the boot and check for water......

yeah can't see any..... car is dry as far as I can tell, plus when it happened, hadn't rained for weeks..

would love to know where the mpm module is in a e61 wagon...

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, crabstick said:

yeah can't see any..... car is dry as far as I can tell, plus when it happened, hadn't rained for weeks..

would love to know where the mpm module is in a e61 wagon...

https://www.google.co.nz/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLS_enNZ731NZ731&q=where+the+mpm+module+is+in+a+e61+wagon&gws_rd=ssl