Sign in to follow this  
funguymoss

New Member E39 M5 Auckland

Hi My names John and I purchased this Oxford Green 1999 M5 about a month ago. There were some posts on this car over Xmas and in Jan. Just letting you know it has gone to a good home. I am really enjoying driving it. Trying to only drive in the weekends but just can't help taking it for the occasional mid week evening drive.

Cheers 

BMW Front Right

BMW Left Rear

BMW Front Seats

BMW Rear Seats

BMW Wheels

Edited by funguymoss
  • Like 3

Welcome John! It seems like the extension (.jpg) has dropped off your attachments which is why they're difficult to see.

But she does look nice in Oxford!

Welcome! Was tempted with this one myself so its great to hear its gone to a good home.

I had my first E39 M5 drive recently - what a fantastic machine! I'm sure the 'wow factor' will never fade every time you drive it!

• Like 1

Welcome and congrats on the purchase John! Love the colour combination ... super keen to drive an E39 and compare it to my E60 :)

Enjoy!!!!

not fussed on the colour scheme but that looks in fantastic condition!Its a 18 yr old car and lloks brand new! Enjoy.I am pretty sure i would absolutely  love one of these!

Thanks for letting me know about the meet at Caffeine and Classics. I plan to make it there. Cheers 

One of the few cars I would consider giving up my 750i for.

Congrats on your M5. You lucky bugger.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that color scheme. What a stunner, congrats on the purchase!

Very Nice car & that is the colour scheme to have!!

Oh & welcome to the forum

Regards

Barry

Hi John, Welcome along, I had a close look at your car as well (I trust they fixed the boot latch...).  The colour combination is just great.  Hope you get much enjoyment out of it.  I'm 3 months into my m5 ownership after being around other e39's for a while.  Don't hesitate to contact for any help on these.  Others here of course have a wealth of knowledge.  Cheers.

Hi yes I got the car checked out and fixed the boot , got a service and fixed a few minor things. I will get a SIM card for the phone so may need a bit of help for this if I get stuck. Am keeping everything original. Cheers John

• Like 1

Welcome John, hope you can make it to our next coffee meet on 2nd April. Cheers Ken

• Like 1

First BMW and you choose an E39 M5?  Drool.

Welcome to the forum, Mossy

• Like 1

i am not sure that the car phone is supported these days.I beleive that the original scheme was if you were in the car the phone worked if you were away from the car your brick worked.Maybe completely wishful thinking on my part though.

Mine works. Used a 2degrees pre pay sim, setup call forwarding on my cellphone to the car phone and use the built in handsfree... Or the brick :)

• Like 1

ThNks BreakMyWindow that's exactly what I am planning on doing. And also may need some new phone batteries?

Awesome - look forward to seeing it in the M5 line up at caffeine and classics!   Come and break up the carbon black!

It is great to see another M5 being looked after.   I saw this car in Ponsonby when it was in daily duties.......before I had one and of course I wanted it!

On 3/12/2017 at 11:05 AM, TermiPeteNZ said:

Welcome and congrats on the purchase John! Love the colour combination ... super keen to drive an E39 and compare it to my E60 :)

Enjoy!!!!

My wife's e60 530i Motorsport feels a lot more modern than the e39......which feels pretty old school now.  However the torque from the s62 is addictive....

• Like 1